newbie78

Kodicom Diginet V4.13 DVR Card- problem- Still Images

I just bought a new DVR card from Ebay and it seems its a Kodicom and the software that came with it is Diginet V4.13. Now I had an old Dell with ATI Graphic card and set everything up on it and everything was working just fine. One day the whole computer wouldnt start and fortunately I did had a Dell warranty on it. So dell tried to fix it but werent able to so they replaced the whole computer. Now I do have new Dell Computer and it came with a ATI FireGL graphic card and it does not have VGA output so I had to buy a new DVI to VGA adapter. Now I have set up everything and installed Diginet V4.13 on this new computer and installed the DVR Card and am back up. The only problem I am facing is that the software would start OK. but when you see the screens, it would show a still image and not the video. Now when I go to motion detection settings page on the software it would show me the movement in real time. I read couple of people complaining about the same thing and saw somebody replying that I need to change the resolution on the display settings on my computer and that would take care of it. However I am set at 1024x768 resolution. I changed the camera resoultion to 640X480 in the software and it still does the same thing. Can someone Please Help!!!!

I think so this DVR card works with AGP graphic card only. Yours ATI FireGl is a PCI Ex. graphic card. Am I right? If the motherboard support AGP buy another graphic card.

Before we jump to conclusions lets get more info on your new computer that dell replaced also I will get into much support for ebay cards as that is covered in the rules.

1.What motherboard chipset and prosser is in the new computer?

2.What operating system is on the new computer?

3.I have not seen any problems with pci agp pci express or motherboard video as long as all other supported hardware is used.

You can find same freeware programs on the net that will tell you all about your computer just do a search and find one.

After you gain all this information post it and you can get better answers from our members.

Surely! based on my experience its chipset incompatible issue

Use This Model Motherboard/Chipset

intel 945G Express / Intel ICH7 chipset

Asus P5L-MX

Intel D945 GNTL

Giagabyte GA-945G-DS3 (rev. 2.0)

Gigabyte GA-945GM-S2

ASRock Conroe 1333-DVI/H

Intel 865G + ICH5 Chipset

Asus P5PE-VM

Asus P5P800-VM

ECS 865G-M Deluxe (V5.0)

AsRock P4I65G

ASRock 775I65G

BIOSTAR P4TSV

Gigabyte GA-8I865GME

Intel 865GV Socket478

ABIT IS-85

FoxConn 865M01-G-6LS

Note: Use AGP/Built In Intel Chipset Vcard

DeejayJrm,

From Hua Yang Electronics Philippines

Hi, Just wanna share my lil experience in installing the kodicom card in dell pc.

Have tried 3 times successfully if different dell system.

I think your problem is with the graphic card. PCI express card is okay. But the chipset is very selective. I've tried with Ati X300, Ati X550 and ATI 600. All this is okay. But it's old chipset.

Have tried with ATI1300 (come together with dell...) can't install so i changed to the ATI 600.

The latest chipset that i've tried is 945... ok.

Have tried with WinXp .. not good

Have tried with win2k ... OK.

From my finding... you must select the correct graphic card... pls try to get an old chipset.. i think it will save some time troubleshooting...

Yet.. if you manage to get all this OK. i think you will still have a small small error coming out (even if you can ok the software).. let me know if you reach this stage.

Hey guys,

I works on Kodicom systems for about 4 years. They are very finicky about the types of video card chipsets you use. The old RAGE128 chipsets worked perfectly. Also, I got Nnvida MX440 chipset to work years ago.

Also, I know this is going to sound weired but set the monitor refresh frequency to 60 and see if that fixes the problem.

4.x has a problem with any MB chipset other than Intel. The best video card to use is an ATI. Packaged PC's such as Dell and HP usually don't turn out great results. You might get them to work, but you will have inconsistent FPS on the recording side.

5.x now has support for Nvidia and ATI.