si_kungs

Standalone DVR vs PC-Based DVR

There many "systems" that can do what you are asking.

You can take stand alone systems, and blend them together using devices to create what you need.

There are "all in one" packages where you do not ask what the price is.

And you have some pretty decent priced systems available with many different "flavors".

For a small project where you do not need full integration then I would recommend this:

http://eclipsecctv.com/ECL-ACC950_door_controller.html

All you have to do is run power to the door strike, (or maglock), and you run power to the ACC950. All you need is a maglock, and the door is ready to go in short time.

This is easy to hook up, and program. You can use an alarm switch on the door to trigger the DVR to record the camera that is trained at door.

This would be for a rental car agency where they may only have 1 to 4 doors that they want to "control". This would be an employee back door, and the inside employee door. The lobby is open to customers. There is room for 2 more doors. You will need a DVR that has alarm inputs.

If you need the following:

Anti-pass back supported with ECL-ACC900/950/995

Auto diagnostic: No user intervention necessary

Dynamic door assignment supported

Emergency door release supported

2 Wiegand readers supported

Scheduled door release supported

Scheduled door arming supported

63 Time Zones

255 door groups

120 programmable holidays

Request to exit supported

Relay inputs: 4 (expandable to 16), 3A

Relay outputs: 4 (expandable to 16), 3A

Voltage: 9-24VDC variable auto detection

Power: 2.5 watts

Optional I/O expansion board available for 8 more door in/door out devices (ECL-1010).

Then you will need this:

http://eclipsecctv.com/ECL-ACC1000_door_controller.html

This is good for 16 doors, and 1000 users, and it is network ready.

If you need a system that send out email alerts everytime someone goes through a door, and you want to email a snapshot of that person then you will need a panel that can support those features.

The small systems are wired local to the door.

Big systems are wired back to a home run. You are talking about a lot of wires from each door that have to be home run back to one spot!!

There are many systems, and each has its own.

CLICK HERE!

under MANUALS AND SOFTWARE click on Access Control

Scroll down to ACC - 950, and click on MANUALS, AND DIAGRAMS.

Scroll down to ACC - 950 and click on acc950_userguide-2

Look at the wiring diagram on the right hand side.

Now do the same for the ACC - 1000

click on ACC-1000 Manual

Read this manual, and look at the various wiring diagrams.

What do you think?

sir scorpion what can you recommend for airplane overhaul facility? what type of dvr and cameras should we use. they have hangar and i know that the security for this location is high. is there a standard of how long the video should be kept ( video retention) ?

It would be bad for me to recommend a system design, and a parts list.

One

I am not there one site, and I cannot get a good feel of what the place looks like from a cameras perspective.

Two

The DVR would be selected to best match the cameras, and other required specs.

I would not want to steer you wrong, and give you bad advice.

You could post pictures, and show the area that you want to "guard", and where you might mount the camera.

I could give you an educated guess from the pictures.

Cheap budget

I might select the ICRealtime DVR.

Will you be doing the Alarm system also?

Will you be doing the Card access system also?

for the ordinary dvr, to view the camera on site will not be a problem since you can all set them to D1 resolution. correct me if i am wrong. the difference only of high end and low end today is the web transmitting format. is this correct?

for the camera what resolution do i need to choose ? we are using ntsc here. is it 525?

for internet viewing which system is faster? standalone or pc-based?

No difference - it is dependent on the type of NIC card either systems have, but for Internet viewing, you will not see much of any difference.

for internet viewing which system is faster? standalone or pc-based?

depends on the DVR's features but everything basically depends on the compression used as well as the allotted fps per camera and ofcourse, the internet connection.

ok. sir how can we check if what resolution the DVR or PC based is transmitting? if it is D1 or VGA

Bottom line is though you can go by some of the specs, you wont really know until you actually hands on test the DVR, PC or StandAlone.

Biggest problem I have found is the ones that dont separate the web server from the recording - so if you set the DVR Recording to D1 then the web server will be very slow, if you set the DVR Recording to CIF then you get real time remote video, but useless recorded video. Things like that, Look for multiple compressions or separate ones and look for any specs that say separate Web server. But really most wont even list that, most more expensive DVRs will have it anyway though, the cheap ones are the ones that typically dont separate it.

ok. for avtech dvr, is it separated?

Dont know, but dont think so, least not for their budget DVRs, same with Avermedia.

thanks

ask Scorpion though to confirm.

If changing the recording settings effect the remote video then its not separate.

Edited by Guest

Rory,

TeleEye is one of a few which DVR OEMs which spec multichannel processing for recording and IP streaming as you mentioned.

Saw them at ISC, but they don't have US office yet....

Rory,

TeleEye is one of a few which DVR OEMs which spec multichannel processing for recording and IP streaming as you mentioned.

Saw them at ISC, but they don't have US office yet....

is teleeye like avtech dvrs?