G22

Which Altronix PS?

What 24VAC Altronix is recommended for the setup below?

I only have one camera so far (Panasonic WV-CW474AS) and might add a 2nd camera. Prob be a WV-CP474 or WV-CP484. Both will be using the blower/heater combo. 4 cams total in the future, but only 2 planned at present.

Also, do these Altronix power supplies come with a basic power cord similar to ones used on computers that plug into the wall outlet, or are they hard wired?

I just ordered a AverMedia EB1304 NET. Should be here soon. Monitor is a 17" Panasonic CRT (WV-CM1780). Also, have a used Panasonic WV-CU360C controller on the way (again). I want to be able to access the cam menu with this Panasonic WJ-MP204C Data MUX I have (hopefully). Need a PS-DATA cable for starters. If anyone knows where to find a few PS-DATA cables, pls let me know. This is all for home use.

Thx.

With the heaters and blowers I would recommend using an eight channel power supply, if you are definately planning on using four camera's in the future. If not then go with the four channel, but with the heaters and blowers, will probably be all that you can supply.

The amount of 24VAC power that you need is very much dependent on the length of the 18/2 cable that you will use.

If your cables lengths are less than 100', the you can use Altronix basic ALTV248 power supply and it will work fine. If the cables are longer (less than 250'), then you still can use Altronix 4 channel power supply with higher current ratings like ALTV244175 (7.25A total available) or even higher ALTV244300 (14A total available).

Altronix power supplies come with basic power cord except one side must be connected to internal transformer and card to step down 120VAC down to 24VAC... It is not as simple as plugging the cord, rather connecting 3 wires internally to provide the 120VAC juice...

Very interesting set of hardware when being used for home.. You will get the best quality picture available for the price for your Panasonic cameras and domes. Since I am not familiar with AVerMedia DVRs, can not say much, but with this type of camera equipment, insist of getting one of the best DVRs to observe one of the best playback quality pictures available.

Thanks for the info. It is a very small house, so I am expecting less than 100'.

I have a thing for Panasonic cams and related hardware, even though I am on a tight budget. I may upgrade the AverMedia DVR to something else later though. I would really like a Panasonic or March Networks DVR, but they are way out range right now. I would be in heaven with a WV-CW964 PTZ

In re to the power cable on the Altronix... I just wire the internal power wires myself... and then there is a std power cable that plugs into a wall outlet? Also, what is a 'Factory installed 3-wire line cord' that they mention? Does that eliminate doing the internal power wiring yourself?

Thx.