dear friends:- how can u connect a camera for 1500 meter distance? it's jmk, sony chipset, outdoor,day & night, 12 vollt, and on the other side there is a DVR pc card?!!

I have not done that distance before, but I would try active baluns, both active receive and active transmit.

Power local at the camera, active trasmitter balun at the camera, sending video over cat5e to a matched active receiver balun at the pc side.

dear friends:- how can u connect a camera for 1500 meter distance? it's jmk, sony chipset, outdoor,day & night, 12 vollt, and on the other side there is a DVR pc card?!!

1,500ft Right?

[edit by mod-store link removed]

Would be your best bet I think as well. Tho at the camera is where you're going to want to get power from as I strongly recommend against pulling power that far.

Goodluck tho!,

John

ok, that means that i must put the power near each camera, and that is easy to be done in my new project, but don't u think that using cat 6 is better than using cat5???!!!! or will plz tell me what is the differante between the cat -5 and cat -6?plz note that i have the two knids.

1,500 meter is roughly 5,000' and since the wireless is out of the question and you know nothing about the fiber, then you have only one solutions left...

Active baluns to transfer video only by using CAT5E cable. As for power of 12VDC, you need to provide it local to the camera within 100' distance or less.

Active baluns technology will give you this coverage and there are various sources where this type of solutions are avail...

I am sure other member will jump in to help, but from what I see, active balun technology is the only solution for your application...

Hope this helps.

its a shame wireles is out of the question its possible to get up to 6 miles relatively cheaply if you have line of sight and with some of the kit working on the bg range the licencing laws that allow wireless broadband entend to cover this