scorpion

DM DVR Micros Bus RJ Connector question

Dedicated Micros

I am remote installing a DM DVR, and I wanted to run a cat 5 from the PTZ controller to the DVR.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

I cannot use an RJ 45 connector!!! It uses a 6 pin and the "clip" is not located in the center of the connector it is located on the edge.

Where can I purchase these DM connectors??

Does anyone have an alternate method of hooking this PTZ controller to the DVR?

I did not know if I could tie it in with the PTZ + -. NO? I didn't think so!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!

Devils in the details, and the devil has me by the tail! LOL!

I was having a panic attack!

Where are these connectors used other than DM DVRs?

I just wanted to know if it is going to be worth buying a crimper for a one time use?

Thank you very much C7 in CA!

No Problem, happy to help out.

Where are these connectors used other than DM DVRs?

I haven't seen them used in years. I use to see them on weird stuff like keyboards and pin pads on old terminal equipment. Serial equipment too.

Brother,

You did more than just "help" out.

I am grateful that there are individuals like you on this forum, and when the simple things become obstacles you can pull out an "ace"!

What other tricks have you been hiding??

Hey forum readers! Have you seen C7 in CA surveillance boxes, and projects that he has built??

Ask him about them! They are awesome!!!

The DVR was located in the small front building (Front Office). The cameras are in the large main building (Night Club).

The night club camera wiring went from the club building to the office building, and the loop out went back to the night club to a multiplexor in the the club office. They cannot see all of the cameras in the office. Office camera is one!

An exemployee broke a padlock to a storage room on the back side of the small building (front office), and proceeded to cut every camera, (and other low voltage wires). This happened at 1 AM in the morning (club closes at 2AM. ??) They are reroofing, and extending the wall higher to support larger signage, and new stucco work. The two cameras on the main building have been taken down due to the construction that would have video the perp.

Luckly he did not know where the cat 5 that belong to the POS, and some other important low voltage wiring!

I had to pull out the cables out of an underground pipe, and then I had to sort out which wire was camera, and which was loop out back to the multiplexor.

We relocated the DVR in to the main building because we could not secure the wires more than what they allready were on the small building. The average joe would never had known wires were in those storage doors!

I am running the DVR internet, and monitor out video back to the main office, and I need to have the controller that is located in the main office hooked up to the DVR in the club.

I have the DVR working on the LAN, and I have not been able to get it to work on the outside.

This morning I shut down the cable modem, and I activated the ATT modem. I do not know why they switched. They were have a lot of down time issues, and I guess they want to give the other a try.

I was able to figure the wires out fairly quick, and I was able to get the DVR operational in short time.

I stipped back the RG 59 without a connector, and I shoved the center conductor in to my hand held monitor, and I pressed the braid up against the bnc ground, and I found all of my working cameras. I marked those wires, and then I terminated all of the wires. I put a BNC adapter

http://eclipsecctv.com/ECL-1000_connector.html

on a known working camera, and I hooked up the unknown wiring. I then went to the office to see if a video came up. If a video came up I would look at the 9 position screen and I would mark the wire with the number that corresponded with the number on the multiplexor. I still have a group of wires unaccounted for. One is position number 9, and I have no idea where that one is. I might get lucky, and I might find it as I may have had a connector that is not seated right. The others are the cameras that have failed, and need replacing, and there are the ones that have been taken down to keep the stucco work off of them.

Other than the wire damage no other crime was committed! (????)

Yeesh! What a day!!!

Edited by Guest

nah what I meant, why a DM, what they doing with that overpriced (in the US) DVR?

yeah them distributors in florida like to push the DMs .. they sell them for outrageous prices.

This was really weird!!

I was editing a misspelled word in my long post above. After I was done with my edit I hit the submit button.

I then saw a post from myself with the whole prior post as a quote box!!!

Weird! Really Weird!

Cablesforless does not have the crimping tool!

I found this company on the internet doing a search.

http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/cwe/09-1003?SIkF36EE;;10

This price sure caught my eye. The others were ranging from $60.00 to over $100.00!

ORDER DATE: Mon Apr 21 19:08:51 2008

ORDER NUMBER: 000406

LEAD SOURCE:

Name: Scorpion

Email address: sales@scorpiontheater.com

Shipping Address: 911 Fulton Lane NE Suite B

City, State, Zip: Palm Bay, FL 32905

Payment Method:

Shipping Method: UPS Next Day

Instructions:

Daytime Phone: 321 505 3734

Evening Phone:

Quan Item No. Description Price Extension

------- ----------- ------------------------------- -------------- ----------------

1 () 09-1003 CRIMP TOOL MODULAR CRIMPS RJ11 $14.95 $14.95

(6X4) RJ12 (6X6) RJ12 DEC AND

MMJ *FULL CYCLE RATCHETING

*INCLUDES ADJUSTABLE WIRE

STRIPPER AND CUTTER

1 () 05-1103-10 MODULAR PLUGS FLAT STRANDED $3.05 $3.05

CABLE TYPE RJ12 6 PIN (6X6)

MMJ/DEC 10 PACK

SUBTOTAL $18.00

SALES TAX $0.00

SHIPPING $23.00

ORDER TOTAL $41.00

Edited by Guest

OH! OH!

I am impressed that they double check on the shipping dept!

I am also impressed that he was aware of the problem in advance!

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:37:23 -0400

Subject: Re: ORDER 000406

To: sales@scorpiontheater.com

Mr. Young,

You should receive your shipment tomorrow. Please check to see if its right. I believe the warehouse man may have shipped you the wrong item. If in fact we did I will reship the correct items at our expense to make it right.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best Regards,

Tom Friedmann

Cleveland Wire & Electronics

Tel: 1-330-241-6020

In a message dated 04/24/08 09:15:43 Eastern Daylight Time, sales@scorpiontheater.com writes:

Your fears were correct. The plugs, and tools that I received yesterday were incorrect.

Please give me the information that I need to send it back. RMA number?

Do I need to ship it back via UPS using your account number?

I do have a request.

I need the offset 6P6C for cat 5 (or is that round cable verse flat)?

Thank you very much!

Edited by Guest

I honestly thought that I would never hear from this company again!!

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:25:18 -0400

Subject: Re: ORDER 000406

To: sales@scorpiontheater.com

I am sorry, I thought that was what happened when the inventory showed the regular plugs and not the offset were deducted. Ok heres what we'll do:

1) I will replace the tool and plugs

2) The tool and plugs you received just keep them

This should get you taken care of.

On the Cat.5 this is a round solid/stranded wire. The DEC MMJ Offset was not designed for this cable. I have seen installers get the plugs on by working with the cable and plugs but the connector plug is not Cat5 rated.

I will have your order reshipped and be sure it is correct.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Regards,

Tom Friedmann

Tel: 1-330-241-6020

In a message dated 04/24/08 13:47:07 Eastern Daylight Time, sales@scorpiontheater.com writes:

Your attention to the matter is greatly appreciated. If customer service is of the essence, then you have my vote!

Please feel free to send the tool the cheapest method available. I can wait 5 days to receive it. This is not going to bring a project to our knees.

The club that we are working on is also doing some construction for new signage, and stucco work. We have been running new wires for the cameras so we have some time to play with.

I will have to sing the praises about your company!

Thanks!

Re: ORDER 000406‏

Sent: Thu 4/24/08 1:53 PM

To: sales@ scorpiontheater (sales@scorpiontheater.com)

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate your gesture of posting info about Cleveland Wire & Electronics on the forum. We have no objection - thank you. Since you do not need it right away let me see if I can catch it and change it to lower ship method. If I can I will credit the shipping cost difference.

Thanks again for the compliment!

Tom

Edited by Guest

Re: ORDER 000406‏

Sent: Thu 4/24/08 2:34 PM

To: sales@ scorpiontheater (sales@scorpiontheater.com)

Mr. Young,

Ok warehouse just sent me the ship info on your order.

*They shipped you qty 1 MMJ Tool and Qty 10 MMJ Plugs.

*We shipped them UPS Ground with a shipping cost of $6.22

*Tracking Number is: 1Z8388480305298973

*We will credit you back $38.98 for shipping ($45.20 - $6.22)

If you have any questions please contact me.

Thanks again.

Tom

Glad you found a crimper. If you don't have the flat silver satin cable you should be alright with CAT3 or CAT5.

I am usually able to get the CAT5 jacket tucked into a 6p6c plug end with little problem. Just make sure the conductors are untwisted and fanned out back past the cable jacket far enough back that the strain relief clamp of the modular plug crimps down on the jacket and flat fanned out conductors.

Is your pin-out straight through or crossover?

My application looks like it is straight through.

Overglorified telephone cord if you know what I mean.

One plug up, and one plug down so that they share the same color sequence.

On another note to othere forum readers:

The $14.00 tool that that sent me is just a regular "phone/data" crimper. For the price I say it rocks!! To think I paid $45.00 for the IDEAL company crimper at House Depo.

If you are looking for a crimper, and you want to save a lot of money then get this tool!

May be I have the wrong end of the stick but if you are installing a DM Remote Keyboard then you should be using 2 DM 485 Junction boxes.

You connect one to the DVR via the supplied cable and wire the CAT5 into it (screw terminals) then a the remote end you wire the CAT5 into the Junction Box and add 12v power supply then the keyboard plugs into the junction box.

http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/uk/file.php?path=%2Fhome%2Fdedicated%2Fuk%2Ffiles%2Fsupport_docs%2Ff134&filename=MI-I-CJ01-E1-0_Junction_Box.pdf

All the leads come with the equipment you should not be stressing out making up patch leads !

Good Luck

Thanks for the link!

I had to take out the at the end of your link.

You are right. This is a much better way attach the cat 5!