ezland00

Setup a 8 camera surveillance system PC base

Hello,

i am new here, i want to setup a 8 cameras surveillance system for my business. i have done some research, but not sure which parts to buy. I was referred here by people from other forums.

I have a computer system with fairly large hard drive. Can anyone name all the parts that i need and some good camera and DVR card. My budget is around $500-700 max.

thank you

My budget is around $500-700 max

For what the whole system or the card?

I'm hoping for just the card... if your budget is $700 for the entire system I don't think you're going to get a very good system.

Thanks,

John

You need to double your budget to get decent stuff, $100 per camera is pretty tight and basically limits you to bullets. I cannot see a DVR hardware and software package worth buying for less then $250

So IMHO for minium decent enough quality to be worthwhile having is going to be more like $1050.

Now I fully know it is possible to get 8 cameras and 8 ports on a PCI card for less then $500. In the end it will be more expensive though... Thats how I stay in business, most of myt customers spent too little the first time and had to buy the stuff twice. At a minium get a decent DVR package and prepare to swap cameras as you can in the future.

My suggestion either save up more or buy something cheap now and replace it when you see it wasn't worth the money you spent on it...

The line" You get what you pay for" holds true

thanks for all the responds.

ok, forget about the budget. i'll buy whatever parts that are worth of buying. again, i want pc base parts, so i can burn the in to dvds.

thank you all again for helping

Use 8 IP cam < $90 (such as Panasonic bl-c1a) and NovoSun CyeWeb 8000 ($89.95). You can build a good system < $800.

If you have more budget, you can use HikVision IP camera which quailty is quite good and cheap (about $140 each).

Use 8 IP cam < $90 (such as Panasonic bl-c1a) and NovoSun CyeWeb 8000 ($89.95). You can build a good system < $800.

If you have more budget, you can use HikVision IP camera which quailty is quite good and cheap (about $140 each).

Just make sure you have 4 lux of light at night what happens at night when someone tries to brake in? ahh. IP cameras are good for certain apps not the all in one everyone reads about...Hell if your not worried about anything happening at night go for it.

My budget is around $500-700 max

For what the whole system or the card?

I'm hoping for just the card... if your budget is $700 for the entire system I don't think you're going to get a very good system.

Thanks,

John

Hello

To asure the quality, I think you could have a look at hikvision DS-4008HF, it can set all channels at full D1 resolution. You will be satisfied!