vikeher

Need Help Viewing My CpCam over WAN using a Linksys Router

Hello,

Great information on this site and the people seem like they are helpful.

I just installed a CPCam DVR can only view with LAN connection. I can not view it outside the Local network. I setup a DNS acount and opened port 888 on my Linksys router but still nothing.

When I use the htt:xxxxxxx.dyndns.tv:888 to view my cameras i get route to the linksys router and promted with the username and password.

after logging I am back to the linksys router Setup.

1) I need to have my Dyndns host I.P address pointing to the cable modem or the DVR or the Linksys Router ? I Try them all ?

Could someone please help me to do this?

My network has a wireless Linksys router hooked up to Cable Modem.

My

DVR IP: 192.168.1.10

Sub Mask: 255.255.255.0

Linlsys:192.168.1.1

DHCP : Enable

Starting IP:192.168.1.2

DDNS: is set up matching my Dyndns

Thank you.

first thing is to give the dvr a static IP.

Then open the ports for that IP.

Try connecting using your public IP and not your dyndns.

If it works with your public IP then you can fine tune you dyndns account to be forwarded properly.

Which DVR is it (model)?

Does it require more than one port?

I have already given the DVR an static IP.

The Port I have open is 888

I can connect to DVR localy but not over the Network

The DVR model is Cpcam 4ch-MPEG-4DVR

Does it require more than one port?

Thanks

I have no idea.

Manual not available for download.

Could you upload the manual?

Are you sure the port is forwarded the right way.

Are you remoting through web or client?

How Would make sure I am Forwarding the Port correctly ?

I am using a Linksys router.

Yes I am remoting using WEB

What's the model #.

CPD561

CPD560

CPD502A

CPD501

I would like to look at the manual, maybe I can find it online.

Does it mention the ports in the manual?

Does the port #'s match on the server and router?

The model #.

CPD501ZA

Yes the Port # match the Router

I am Going to look for the Manuel now Also,

Thanks

It apears that the default port for these units is 80, did you change the port on the system to 888?

Dose it work with the client?

Set the port on the server to 9000.

Then do the port forward for the server ip in the router.

This looks like a simple system, you should be fine.

Always try connecting to dvr with the client software before attempting to IE or any web browser.

The client software and the browser remote connection authenticates differently.

USE PORT RANGE FORWARDING NOT SINGLE PORT FORWARDING.

USE THE SAME PORT AS THE START AND END.[/u][/b]

Yes I change the Port to 888. Whent I used the Web to access the DVR I get to the Username and Password promt. After logging inn I get route to the Linksys setup page.

I have change the port to many # no luck. I can view the DVR local over the LAN..but not over the WAN any body has had the issued ?

Dude just the fact that you get routed to the router setup page means your ports are not forwarded properly.

Try what I suggested, and use your public IP not your dyndns account with the client first.

Once that work change your dyndns to a port redirect for the port of the server and you will be good to go.

I've done many of these with similar scenarios, and now I just set them up the way I mentioned, no problem.

If you want I can take a look at your router or even try to connect to your sever for testing.

Even though it appears that you're looking for assistance from someone else other than me.

I agree with Coolie11, that your port forwarding is not setup properly. go to the portforwarding website and double check you have correctly forwarded your ports, or anyone here on the forum kind enough can remotely manage your router and check your settings if you ask nicely.

also try connecting via the client first, once its working from their, then try using the web.

Yes I change the Port to 888. Whent I used the Web to access the DVR I get to the Username and Password promt. After logging inn I get route to the Linksys setup page.

I have change the port to many # no luck. I can view the DVR local over the LAN..but not over the WAN any body has had the issued ?

Hi vikeher, sounds like you are on the right track. The fact that you can log into your router through your dyndns account tells me you have your DDNS set up correctly.

Once you are logged into your router setup page you have another step to take. You need to find the settings for your "Port forwarding" This will be a linksys page and you will be entering you DVR's IP address (192.168.1.10) and the ports to forward would be the 888 that you set up in the DVR settings.

So in closing, you say that you change the port # many times. Are you making this change in the DVR settings or in the Linksys settings?

What linksys product do you have?

RT31P2

RT41-BU

RTP300

RV082

SPA-2100

SPA-2102

SPA-3102

WAG200G

WAG300N

WAG325N

WAG354G

WAG354Gv2

WAG54G

WAG54G-XW

WAG54GS

WAG54Gv2

WAG54Gv3

WAG54GX2

WCG200

WCG200v2

WRK54G

WRP200

WRT150N

WRT160N

WRT300N

WRT310N

WRT330N

WRT350N

WRT51AB

WRT54G

WRT54G-TM

WRT54G3G

WRT54GC

WRT54GL

WRT54GP2

WRT54GP2A-AT

WRT54GR

WRT54GS

WRT54GSv4

WRT54Gv1.1

WRT54Gv2-DDWRTv23SP2

WRT54Gv2.02.7

WRT54Gv2.04

WRT54Gv4

WRT54Gv5

WRT54Gv5-DDWRTv23SP2

WRT54GX

WRT54GX4

WRT54GXv2

WRT55AG

WRT55AGv2

WRTP54G

WRV54G

WUSB54GS

Go here for router info:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Scroll to the Linksys area, and click on your router

There is more help here:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1114037290855&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

Here are some screen shots of the WAG-54G that might be helpful.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/hardware/reviews/2004/q4/linksys-wag-54g.html

Edited by Guest

Yes I did change the port in both the DVR and the Router to the same, and still nothing. Let me reboot everything, Man I am thinking on reseting everything too. Sht F----

ok, sounds like you are making the right settings. something is just wacky.

I think the issue is the portforwarding page of your linksys router. The setting you are changing are on a page that looks similar to (but different then) this?:

79650_1.jpg[/img]

Yes the same type of page I have the Port set to start at 888 and end at 888 IP 192.168.1.10. enable Application DVR, I also the DDNS fill out user name and password, Host name too,

Wireless Access Web: Enable access Server Htp:Enable, Block Anonymous Internet Requests: Disable.

Man I am going LOCO ......

here are a couple of things I would try:

Putting the DVR in your "DMZ" You sound like you know this stuff, but if not... The DMZ is a setting in the router that will basically allow all traffic to the LAN address you enter. In this case the DVR's IP of 192.169.1.10

If that doesn't work I would leave the DVR in the DMZ and try connecting without going through your dnydns address. Connect using your WAN address. If you don't know it go to http://ipchicken.com from any computer connected to the same router as the DVR. That page will tell you your WAN IP address. then in your web broswer you would go to http://69.12.141.101:888 (for example)

I would then connect the DVR straight to the modem and test from there. DVR settings would have to be changed accordingly. I don't know how well this would work for you. Is your router set to get its WAN by DHCP, PPPoE or other?

If that didn't work I would completely default the router and try again.

I'm still leaning towards an issue with the port forwarding on the Router. That doesn't necessarily mean there is something entered wrong. These little linksys' are good units but can be quirky on this kind of stuff sometimes. And the reason I'm thinking its the router is because you CAN get to the router through dyndns and you are getting there on port 888 so that doesn't seem to be blocked. But you are getting the linksys login screen instead of the DVR's login screen. Seems to me if the router was forwarding but the DVR wasn't working right you would get a "page not found" type error, not bounced back to the router login. You don't have anything else set to portforward to port 888 do you? Like 192.168.1.1? Also you must have remote administer setup on the linksys if you can hit if from the outside. Is there a port setting for that? It isn't set to 888 is it?

Has this issue been solved? I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking its a router issue. Help... anyone???

Has this issue been solved? I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking its a router issue. Help... anyone???

You are getting bounced back to the router login screen instead of the DVR? Are you using the same model DVR? Have you tried EVERYTHING suggested in this thread? Did you try defaulting the router and starting over?

You are getting bounced back to the router login screen instead of the DVR? Are you using the same model DVR? Have you tried EVERYTHING suggested in this thread? Did you try defaulting the router and starting over?

Yep. I'm using the same router and DVR. Kept getting bounced back to the router login screen. I'll try to reset the router to factory default setting and start over. If that doesn't work, i don't know what else to do but to try a different router.

Are you trying to access the DVR through the public IP address from within the LAN? If so have you tried from outside the LAN? I have heard of many people having problems with accessing services through their public IP address while connected within the LAN.