crazythunder

can't connect to dvr

My computer is set for default in the internet options security tab.

I can get to your DVR, I can log in with user, and password, and I can see the request for the Active X install.

Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.

I tried to allow some items in regards to active x, but that did not "release" it.

So right now I cannot see it.

in internet explorer options, for activex controls, i have everythimg enabled except for 2 of them. they are set to prompt. i forgot what they were though because i just installed ie7 and the options are different. but that's weird that noone else seems able to connect. i'm assuming by putting the address in my own browser, i'm still connecting to the web, and not my private lan. it's gotta be something in everyones ie settings. i can't get access to an outside pc till during the week. i'll try it myself then. thanks for trying scorpion. in my ie addons, i have icsview control. it's stored in the system32 folder. i'm guessing you're not able to install this activex control for some reason.

I opened the security tabs wide open, and it did not help.

I restored back to factory default.

I shut down windows firewall, and I still get my computer blocking because of the publisher.

only thing i had left to do was set it as dmz in my router. i just did that. other than that, if noone can connect, i'm returning it. i have the manufacturer calling me tomorrow. if he can't connect, then that settles it for me. thanks for your help.

No. I could not get in.

I do not know what I need to do to allow my computer to allow regardless of the publisher.

All along I have been able to see the 9 screen, and the controls.

This tells me that the router is letting me in, and you have port foward set up.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

I wonder if Rory would know how to bypass this issue?

thanks to everyone for trying. i'm glad that a couple people got in. but i'm not satisfied that it's giving knowledgable people trouble. i asked my mom to connect so she could see her grandkids playing in the yard. didn't work, she got a 404 error. from wiki--The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server but either the server could not find what was requested, or it was configured not to fulfill the request and not reveal the reason why. 404 errors should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server cannot be made at all.

my mom said she installed the activex control. but still could not see the cameras. the dvr is also not sending out motion video or snapshots. not by the motion software in the dvr or from the sensor i have hooked up. it records, and it will send ip change notification, but no snapshots, so i know the email server is configured properly i've spoken with the manufacturer and they are looking into it. but i think i'm going to go for a refund . i'm not paying that much money only to have a couple of my main purchase reasons not work.

thanks again to all who tried. will do this again if and when i get another model dvr. peace

404 error is a Page Not Found error, so yes the server is found, just not the page. You have to go into your IE Security settings and either change the Internet ActiveX Settings to prompt where they are disabled, or add the domain to the Trusted Sites list. Whether this will solve the 404 error, doubtful, but worth a try.

It is possible that she has some other software installed that could be causing her issue (Nortons, Firewall, etc). Also, make sure she is logged in as an Admin user, not a limited user.

i know most people, well, the average pc user doesn't know anything about activex settings in ie, so i sent instructions. but this happened to at least 5 or 6 other family and friends i asked to connect. i guess i need to go to someones house who couldn't connect and try it myself. thanks

I am in Florida.

Do not get any wise ideas.

I am not a free hotel for you to go to Disney World!!

LOL!!!

Oh what the heck, I pretend you are a long lost relative!!!

I am in Florida.

Do not get any wise ideas.

I am not a free hotel for you to go to Disney World!!

LOL!!!

Oh what the heck, I pretend you are a long lost relative!!!

what!?

The Scorpion Hotel closed down hey?

Rory, you are always welcome here!

Question?

How long does it take to travel to Florida?

Can you just hop on a plane, or do you have to go get a Visa, and all of that stuff?

I have a British Passport, I can hop on a plane tonight

Its machine readable so no visa required .. takes like 45 minutes flight to Miami .. check in can be 2 hours prior though.

I normally need a couple days though to move all my important stuff out of this apartment and store it somewhere safe for the trip, otherwise they could clean me out .

lol@scorpion

i just got an rma # for the dvr. my only issue was that it would not send motion snapshots to my email. it sent me ip change notices like i stated. i called tech support and he said being that it is a new model, it might need some kinks worked out. ok, i understand that. he said he'd hook one up and see if he could replicate my issue. that was friday. i call back today and after i ask for tech, they ask for my name, and i'm on hold for 20 minutes. silence. i called back and got an rma. i'm not one of those that sends stuff back and complains about every minor detail. i've spent thousands on electronics online, and this is the very first time i'm asking for a refund. ok, maybe i'm a little picky, but i just spent $1300.00. guess i got a right to be picky. tech guy was nice,friendly, customer service seemed polite. i'm not downing the store i purchased from. they don't make the product. and i'd buy from them again due to their cs. anyways, i guess this post can be deleted. dvr is in a box ready to be shipped. thanks for everyones help and support on the forum. i'll be back- as soon as my new dvr comes in. but before that, i'll probably be asking for advice on my choices i make. while i'm at it now, i have $1300.00 coming back to me. the dvr i had was the SSA-0924i . a google search will show sites with the specs. i'm looking for something comparable, or better. i actually paid more than most other stores were asking because of the 30 day return policy. let's just hope they honor it. (fingers crossed)

Not bad. Not bad at all Rory!

I thought you would have to start two weeks in advance to go anywhere!