cocacola

Is this the best quality setting?

I cannot remember off of the top of my head.

That should be the lowest setting. 12 is a PAL setting. Is this correct?

I think you should change it to 100 if you want less of a "snapshot" look to your video.

If you need to have a long "storage" time then pick a number in the middle range. If will give you less snapshots,

and not fill up the hard drive as much.

I think you are recording in CIF mode? Is this correct?

The highest number for Frame Recording is 25.

Would you prefer to use Motion Detection instead of recording 24/7?

I cannot remember off of the top of my head.

That should be the lowest setting. 12 is a PAL setting. Is this correct?

I think you should change it to 100 if you want less of a "snapshot" look to your video.

If you need to have a long "storage" time then pick a number in the middle range. If will give you less snapshots,

and not fill up the hard drive as much.

I think you are recording in CIF mode? Is this correct?

The highest number for Frame Recording is 25.

Would you prefer to use Motion Detection instead of recording 24/7?

Thanks for your awser my cctv friend!

So for the best quallity i change cif in frame and put it on his max 25

Or is CIF better, i can put that on 100!

Motion Detection... hmmm never try that before..

CIF is the lowest quality (actually resolution). Change it to D1 or 4 CIF if it doesnt have D1. BEST should be the "best" actual quality setting, but if it goes to ULTRA or SUPER before it goes back to LOW then use one of those instead.

try to change the record image size from "CIF" to "FPS".

CIF: (common image format)

352x288

HD1: (2CIF)

720x288

D1: (4CIF)

720x480

i'm not sure which one will be the resolution after changing it but i know it will be a lot better.

refer to the post of sir scorpion regarding the levels of record quality

I just got my hands on the AvTech 4 channel As a permanent installation for my appt, for now at least .. going to plug it in a little while .. Scorpion?

I have my bags packed, and my tool box ready to go!!

From Appendix #4 Page 53 of the Manual

Record Mode.....Quality.....IPS.........500GB Record......Record day

......................................................Time (Hour).................................

Frame..............Best.........30................436.9..................18.2................

......................................15................767.6....................32.................

.......................................7.................1398....................58.2...............

.......................................3.................2258.6.................94.1...............

......................High..........30................552.8....................23.................

......................................15................971.8...................40.5...............

.......................................7................1768.9..................73.7...............

.......................................3................2857.9.................119.1..............

.....................Normal.......30...............726.2....................30.3...............

......................................15................1276....................53.2...............

.......................................7................2323.9..................96.8...............

.......................................3................3754.5.................156.4..............

......................Basic.........30................1173.5................156.4...............

......................................15................2062.2................. 85.9...............

.......................................7.................3755.9................156.5...............

.......................................3.................6068.1................252.8...............

CIF.................Best.........120..............520.8...................21.7................

.......................................60...............915.1...................38.1................

.......................................30..............1666.7..................69.4................

.......................................15..............2692.7.................112.2...............

.....................High...........120..............734.2...................30.6................

.......................................60...............1290....................53.8................

.......................................30..............2349.5..................97.9................

.......................................15..............3795.9.................158.2................

...................Normal.........120.............966.2....................40.3................

.......................................60.............1697.6...................70.7................

.......................................30.............3091.8..................128.8...............

.......................................15.............4995.2..................208.1...............

......................Basic..........120...........1338.7...................55.8................

........................................60............2352.1....................98..................

........................................30............4283.8..................178.5................

........................................15.............6921....................288.4................

Edited by Guest

FPS recording qualty is better than CIF. but occupies more space. sir scorpion what do you use CIF of FPS? also changing this options can affect the internet transmission format?

FPS recording qualty is better than CIF. but occupies more space. sir scorpion what do you use CIF of FPS?

What do I personally use, or what do I set up for my customers?

My customers are an Entry Level Based Clientle. They may not be able to afford a 500 GB Hard Drive.

Most Times they want an 80GB HD based on price. I would really recommend a 250GB hard drive.

What would I select? That is a hard one. I have to base it on each individual customer's needs.

Do they need long term savings of video? Do they need to see good details (based on an entry level DVR).

Will they look at the video on some kind of schedule, or when there is only a problem,

or God forbid only after a tragedy such as stolen money, or product?

I cannot answer your question, but the DVRs are set for CIF for the most part, and set at BEST.

also changing this options can affect the internet transmission format?

I really do not know! I am interested in this question.

I ordered an a Nubix 4BC and I will try that out between some projects. This will be really interesting.

My Customers never have asked about this, so I am caught off guard on this one.

Edited by Guest

ok. so it will be based on how long the retention of the video will be. what settings do we need to set on the fps for a courier service warehouse? can 7 fps do the job?

ok. so it will be based on how long the retention of the video will be.

what settings do we need to set on the fps for a courier service warehouse? can 7 fps do the job?

How many cameras, and what kind of cameras?

What kind of DVR?

Are you talking about entry points (doors, and windows)?

Are you watching job performance issues?

Is there a cash counting office?

Why did this customer call you? What are they "afraid" of most

that they require video surveillance?

If there is a theft, how much money (or products) will they lose?

I need to extend their recording retention. so i need to know how low am i going to set the fps. because right now it is set to 15fps already.

How many cameras, and what kind of cameras?

16 cameras. 420TVL bullet type and box type

What kind of DVR?

16CH H.264 DVR. SVDVR is the brand ( not familiar with the brand, dvr came from china)

Are you talking about entry points (doors, and windows)?

some are on entry point, receiving area and most cameras are focused on storage area

Are you watching job performance issues?

it will be used to monitor cargo to prevent it from being stolen and misplaced. so they can track the person responsible

Is there a cash counting office?

there is none. since it is a central warehouse .

What are they "afraid" of most that they require video surveillance?

to see who is responsible for the missing items.

So looks like HIGH is the best quality on this DVR?

Or they just didnt order them correctly?

sir its best, high, normal, and basic.

yeah but mine has basic, normal, best, high ...

I have my avtech avc 760 set to frame rather than cif. The recorded video is 720 x 480 rather than 352 x 200 for cif. The recorded frame rate can only record 30 fps divided by the number of cameras up to the 4. about 7.5 fps. It seems to be plenty good for what I need.

Dave

Thanks Davec There are readers of the forum who lurk, but do not post.

They will appreciate your input.

Post number 6?

4 more to go!!