Forestarius

Where to buy Geovision cards?

The Geovision website only lists one USA distributer and they don't have a website. That's not helpful for avoiding clones.

Who are the authorized dealers so I can avoid getting a clone?

The lowest price I can find is at - EDIT-CR - but I don't know if they are a reputable dealer or not. A forum search did not turn up anything positive or negative, just that one person had placed an order with them.

Over the past couple of days I have sent emails to big internet retailers about Geovision cards (worldeyecam and surveillance-video) and they have not even bothered to respond. They are more expensive there, but their lack of responding is not inspiring.

So what are the best places to buy from?

EDIT: Links to online shopping (wholesale prices)

I left the other two names as it's obviously not advertising and really could be a thread of it's own.

I suggest you pick a dealer from here and quite a few of us are.

Keep in mind support after the sale basically insures you cannot be the absolute cheapest. You get what you paid for still rings true.

Only one of the dealers on this site even lists the card I'm interested in on his website and he wants $216 more than the cheapest place I've found. That's a lot.

The Geovision website only lists one USA distributer and they don't have a website. That's not helpful for avoiding clones.

Who are the authorized dealers so I can avoid getting a clone?

The lowest price I can find is at - EDIT-CR - but I don't know if they are a reputable dealer or not. A forum search did not turn up anything positive or negative, just that one person had placed an order with them.

Over the past couple of days I have sent emails to big internet retailers about Geovision cards (worldeyecam and surveillance-video) and they have not even bothered to respond. They are more expensive there, but their lack of responding is not inspiring.

So what are the best places to buy from?

EDIT: Links to online shopping (wholesale prices)

I left the other two names as it's obviously not advertising and really could be a thread of it's own.

Geovision website only lists one USA distributer and they don't have a website?????

Geovision website only lists one USA distributer and they don't have a website?????

They use to list them all .. dont know what happened.

They use to list them all .. dont know what happened.

Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not a expert on the Geo site, or their products and this is directed towards Geo Inc as suggestions (some they may already do)... but when I'm comparing products (any product) to buy I want to:

A) See high resolution pics of the products (Helpful to see what chipsets are being used- and also helpful when comparing two boards to see which one is real, and which is not if the item is cloned- As a aside- if the mfg keeps the price "decent" and doesn't rape people most people would go with the official version.

B) Be able to download specs, manuals to read before the purchase.

C) A table clearly listing the features- with the differences highlighted.... In other words don't clutter up the chart with words listing the features just to fill up the chart... In a product line list the base features- and then for each product list additional features beyond the base.

D) The company should support legitimate cards- No matter who they are bought from. (as long as they are not stolen) What I mean is the company manufacturing the item made their money when the item was sold WHOLESALE... If the card is legit it should be supported (by the mfg) period. (Yes I know they do this to protect their dealers) I've bought NOS items from many manufacturers, once I buy the item I go to the mfg's website, type in the serial number and I'm covered...as long as that serial number has not been previously registered.

E) ALL inventory in cases in which a dealer has gone out of business, should be bought back by the manufacturing company- if they do not want to honor warranties to the end-user.

F) Make it easy to find resellers- You should be able to type in your zip code (or country, city code) and it pull up a listing of vendors..

Keeping (F) in mind- this would increase sales /profits for you dealers, increase Geo's sales as well. Selling more units per month means prices should come down due to economy's of scale-

Neat thing about when the price comes down is you get even more sales... Customers go ahead and buy on the spot, come back for more.

Make more= cheaper prices

Make a limited amount=cost per unit more

Cheaper prices also mean less time per customer "selling", customers backing out of deals...

PS: What kind of chipsets are used on the GV-800-16 series?... I went to the Geo site, couldn't tell...

Additionally are they 9 -10 bit chips? .

[/b]

After posting I emailed GV about where to buy and they quickly replied that the closest dealer to me was two states away in California. All they gave me was the name of the company, which I had never heard of, and the phone number. This would have been the end of this for me because I don't deal with unknowns like that.

But then I received an email from that company saying GV gave them my info. So with their enclosed link I checked out their website. It had no prices listed on their items.

They did have a downloadable price list though.

The GV-2008 card I am interested in is listed at $2439.02

The GV-800-4 That I currently have is listed at $888.89

Obviously at those prices Geovision would not even be a consideration.

I'll stick with the "unauthorized" dealers.