scorpion

DM Sprite II Network Problems ( Resolved)

I have a DM DSII

I been having problems with the viewers for menu access.

The Network viewer on several computers is working fine. I can remote access the video, and I can add/delete users, and change camera names.

Where all chaos hits the fan is when I activate Remote Network Support (RNS).

It does not matter whether I use the click on option in the Network Viewer, or if I hit the icon from the desk top for Network Admin.

I can press menu on the RNS, and on my live view monitor I can see the menu come up, and on the computer monitor I can see the same (with time lag). While I am pressing the menu button on the RNS it will freeze up at some point in time.

On some screens I have to wait for it to "load" such as cameras. This will show which channels have video, and it will highlight which channels that do not have video. This screen never finishes loading. Right away I can close out the viewer, and log back in, and click the menu button, and watch the changes, then it will lock up again. If I am not fast enough to get out of the viewer once it locks up then I get those "send to Microsoft error messages" on the screen, then I get a lot of error messages right on top of each other. (this is a fun game to hit "ok" fast enough before the next one comes up. If you are accurate with you targeting, and you are fast enough you can close out all of the messages, and if you can get to the first one posted then you can clear the desk top of these messages.

If you let it run away from you then you have to restart the computer.

The port for the DVR is set for 8234.

In the Netopia Modem 3347 I opened pinholes (ports)

This is when I could first access video with the Network Viewer.

With the Remote Network Support V2.0 I can see video, but with Remote Network Support V2.1 I could not see video on this.

I opened port

This allowed me to see video with Remote Network Support V2.1

Now all I have to do is make everything function!

I am assuming (yes, I know what they say), that I just need to open the right port to make things smooth.

Any ideas?

For the curious:

I have two Remote Network Support versions on different computers, (not to be confused with Network Viewer which is just the plain screen for only watching video where the RNS lets you in to the DVR menu remotely).

RNS V2.0

RNS V2.1

Here is the question that I have:

Will the Network Viewer have Version numbers?

I have one that gives me the tabs in setup mode

Password / Email / System

The other one has an extra tab

Password / Email / System / Camera

I will assume the first one is V2.0 like the RNS, and the second one is V2.1 such as it's RNS.

For those of you who are looking for DM links there are some posted here

http://scorpiontheater.com/dm.aspx

Edited by Guest

I opened up ports

It seems to have smoothed out the feathers some, but I am still having problems.

I have never been happy with the admin software on the old DS2 the new NetVu Observer for the New DS2's is a lot lot better.

Also be aware that when you log in with the admin software whatever you do can be seen on the main monitor. So if you change camera, the main monitor camera changes ! If you play back then the customer can see you play back

A couple of more useful DM links !

Network Viewer Manual

http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/uk/file.php?path=%2Fhome%2Fdedicated%2Fuk%2Ffiles%2Fsupport_docs%2Ff220&filename=DS2_NVS_manual_2-0.pdf

Software Releases

http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/software_release/index_firmware.php

AL

Jack Pot!!!!!!!

Now you got me SCREAMIN LIKE A DEMON!!!

This is the information that I have needed all along!

The manual to the Netviewer Software shows how to download video in AVI format to my computer!!

I did not know that you could right click on the video directly to bring up options!!!

I have not had a chance, but I never put in the telementry (PTZ) ports in to the ATT modem. On monday I will put in those ports, and I am thinking/believing that should fix my Network Admin Viewer Problems. Although I am not controlling a PTZ, I am wondering if this might help?

Boy this DVR is a far cry from the usual AVTech DVRs that I work with!!

This is great! I do not know why I cannot find that Viewer Manual just poking around the DM website??

Thank you very much for the link! It is greatly appreciated!

OK. I finally found it!

It is listed under Digital Recorders > Digital Sprite 2 RS

I did not know that RS stand for Remote Software. I thought (stupidly) that this was a higher model number for the Sprite DVR.

LOL! Devil is in the details!

Glad to be of Service !

That's what is great about this Forum... getting answers from people, not the manufactures, who have used the products out in the field !

It is listed under Digital Recorders > Digital Sprite 2 RS

I did not know that RS stand for Remote Software. I thought (stupidly) that this was a higher model number for the Sprite DVR.

don't worry in the UK DM use the 'RS' on some DVR models that mean Retail Solutions i.e POS connection

Here seems to be the problem. I can log in with the regular viewer and everything works fine.

I then use the Admin selection to go in to the menu pages of the DVR.

I was creating a fuss with the DVR by logging in with video. I should have been logging in to Admin view without video.

I could access the DVR menu then it would appear to lock up.

Here is what I have to do.

I need to log in to the admin viewer without video then select the menu button.

I then get out of the admin viewer, and I still have the regular viewer. I go back in to the Admin view where now the Password is being requested.

I enter my password, and everything works like it should.

Note:

If the DVR has the menu page up, and then you remote in to the admin viewer you will be locked out until the DVR is out of the menu page.

I kept locking myself out during some testing.