alanjh1965

Metal Mickey's

Havent used them myself, but they are used by Extreme CCTV and Derwent so they must be pretty good

Actually Extreme CCTV acquired them in 2006.

Yes they are from a Good Pedigree and so they should be for the price (£2700 / $5000)

Extreme / Derwent is now owned by Bosch !

I went to the Forward Vision factory here in the UK a couple of years ago when I used to work for ADT (moment of madness) and they are very well built and tested, they had one on test in an oven for two years at over 100 degrees and one under water in a fish tank !

Never got the chance to install one, so I don't know if there are any pitfalls.

AL

Im sure they use the metal mickeys in the UK Big Brother, although they may have changed the internal camera to a broadcast quality one instead of the standard sony block module.

Hi ive got a metal mickey on my house and believe me there a bloody brilliant camera never had any problems at all. Im using a standard wall mount and its just as easy as a static drill you holes,run your cable,mount the bracket,plug your cable in to the mickey then bolt down easy as. i recomend it with all my heart and the service a fv is great aswell hope this helps best regards Sam.

Thanks Sam, a few questions.....

1. What Controller/DVR do you use

2. What lighting at night have you got or has yours got the mounted IR's?

3. Have you got a picture of it... to replace the one of my wife in my wallet

Hi mate right im using a dedicated micros sprite 2 set to bbv coaxial telemetry then i use a bbv rx100 set for forward vision so remember if you get metal mickeys have the protocols set to standard forward vision then all you shuld need to do is connect your 2 data recieve wires of the mickey to yor rx100 interface and connect the video to the camera bnc on the rx100 then coax from the telemettry bnc on the rx100 streight to a dvr or controller that transmitts bbv coax. sorry my camera dose not work so no pic if you have any more questions i will be happy to help. best regards Sam

Thanks Sam, I always use DM too, were budget allows.

I didn't think about using BBV, I guess it saves running Data from the DVR.

What about Presets, I understand you can get an alarm board from FV but can you program Presets direct from the DM, I have used BBV before with Dennard PTZ's and they dont always have the facility ?

Our if you home run Redwalls etc to the DM can you trigger the preset that way

(I am used to using American Dynamics SpeedDomes)

AL

Coincidence i have ad domes aswell right as far as i know you can program presets direct from a ds2 but you see i never bother with preesets as i dont need them. But i used to have a digital sprite lite mux and i could program preesets direct from that so can only assume you can with a ds2 hope this helps best regards Sam.

Hi,

sorry old post I know but im desperately trying to get the usb-rs lead that comes with this camera, does any one have one?

Hi,

sorry old post I know but im desperately trying to get the usb-rs lead that comes with this camera, does any one have one?

If it is for the early version of the MIC400 and is used to change the telemetry protocol, Bosch UK technical support have one so if you ask them nicely they might help you out.

Other than that try one of the main CCTV repair workshops.

These cameras are no longer supportable as parts are no longer available so you may be better of replacing them with the new MIC550

Ilkie