3RDIGLBL

Ever Tried the Ideal SecuriTEST?

**edit**

Looks like this is the same thing as the Rapport 337 which I have seen some mention of in here. The difference appears to be that the PDF I found for the Ideal version states NEW Video Level and Sync test and a number of other additional features which makes me think it may be a good replacement for the CM2 because of the additional features it has although the price may break the deal for some.

Does this work, for risk of my link being deleted but I would like for others to see what I am speaking of...

www (dot) idealindustries (dot) com/media/pdfs/products/brochures/p-2755_securitest_brochure.pdf

------------------------------------------------------

New here but have trolling around for sometime. I am a partner in a small startup CCTV business for about 1.5 yrs now. This is a great forum and I find myself getting lost in the endless amounts of information generated.

We have been using a portable 2.5" Test Monitor to focus our cameras but have found, as it states in this forum in many places, that it is not ideal. We always find it needs a bit more when we see the actual view on a larger display. Big waste of time having to go back up that ladder.

I've been looking into the Camera Master II but see that has been around for sometime so there has to be something newer out there. I've come across the SecuriTEST CCTV Tester that includes PTZ control, a small display, a DMM and now has IRE Video Level and Sync tests. Sort of a many tools in one solution.

I would provide a link to the PDF but I am new here and can't attach links yet. But it is the IDEAL SecuriTEST CCTV/Security Tester.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with it and if it is better than the highly acclaimed Camera Master II I keep reading about? This retails for much more around the $700 range +/- a few bucks depending where you find it.

Thanks

I just bought 2 of them, so I sure hope they're good. But I couldn't find anything else out there close to it.

I want to know how I can connect it to a Spectra IV in an environmental dome while the camera's still in place. Seems to me that's the best way for me to test it. Indoor fixed cams have monitor ports, so why can't I find one on the Pelco Spectra IV or III?

Steven

I'm anxious to hear what you think about these. Not sure about your Pelco question as I never used one and I haven't tried this meter yet for lack of information.

If it turns out to be a real time saver then I would consider one but the price is a bit high for a trial and error purchase.

Thanks

Rebco was having battery problems with a Rapport. I don't remember what ever happen with that issue, and I don't know if Ideal uses the same charging/batteries... Unfortunately that is the only real world review I have seen on the tool so I have held off buying.

I wanted to try that unit, there was one at the local electrical shop for sale but it looked like it was returned so I opt'd not to buy it.

C7 in CA said it, I 've had nothing with problems with the Rapport. Two of them down. Ideal SecuriTEST is the same thing just rebranded Got tired and spent the money on the Ideal SecuriTEST PRO, I would recommend this to all my friends best thing i bought in a very long time. Comes with a litium battery that i used for 2 weeks without a charge, I love it.....No complaints here oh by the way its alot thinner then the Ideal SecuriTEST(Rapport)...... Got mine from a place in CT...

Rebco, I see you really like the pro. Good news. Do you find that you no longer need a service monitor to adjust focus and for white balance etc? This thing is supposed to save time and money in the long run. Would be great to set the camera per the test tool and leave it knowing you won't have to climb the ladder again later.

Thanks.

RAPPORT2-PRO (Wonwoo) wonwoo.com - upgraded to a Lithium Polymer battery - ability to record (DVR) 1 GB SD Card included with unit. I Had issues with the earlier Rapport 337 as well perhaps this newer model has addressed those issues, I like the flip screen design but waiting for more hands on field opinion/review before purchase.

How well do these work with focusing? I'm trying to justify the expense. Don't really see the need for the PTZ control as I have economy controller that I use. I can easily make PTZ adjustments at the DVR. I really want to use one of these for focus assistance instead of a small 3" LCD display.

Maybe the camera master II would be a better test tool?

My toolbox has the pro and the camera master to focus.

If you are trying to compare the 2 you are comparing apples and oranges. I use the pro for almost everything but its not a replacement for the camera master and even that isn't perfect you kind need the both, I have to admit i could probably focus a camera using the Pro but i always use the Camera master even that needs to be refined with a peak level. But For this type of work i would say get one, to be on a lift and go down to the dvr to fix a ptz or trouble shoot or even to fix the mess that the trunk slammers do around my area. But anyway seriously it is a wonderful tool cannot be replaced.....You need both