loop

Icantek vs. Brans (3R) 4CH video server

Features seems to be alike, and online demos provide similar compression and transfer rates using mpeg4 codec. One important difference i've noticed, is that the Icantek does a better job with distribution of bandwidth between the 4 channels when viewed in quad mode, and using narrow bandwidth (96Kbit UP).

Can anyone recommend one of those, or anything better at this price range (for distribution)?

http://www.brans.co.kr

http://www.icantek.com

I've used the Icantek cameras and found them to be pretty good. I've tried contacting them but it's been difficult. I'm going to try AirGoogle they are the same.

Acti is better, not sure what the price is on those you mentioned, but ive looked at all and Acti has the better specs, also isnt that expensive.

Contact Oscar Yoon at Icantek, he is the best to deal with.

Loop, contact me directly and we can discuss the IcanTek products, we have used many of the 440 and 440R models, in addition to the 110 cameras (IP). I may be able to help put a demo in your hands so you can baseline the units.

Scottj

Thanks Scott, actually it's a year old post. I'm still left with some pieces in stock. good product, but not that cost effective with todays' embedded dvr's.

It's quite too complicated to configure (especially the 440R model), and lacks the right settings for our low bandwidth dsl lines. Other than that a great product, and thank you for your reply and offer.

BTW, I've emailed you about some other issue, but yet to get a reply.

Hi, does anyone who uses 4CH video server from Icantek can send me a sample recording? Is there a problem for anyone to record through the IP network a short material in best quality and resolution? Please send me it on pawel_domagala@interia.pl - I am looking for best cost-effective IP solution and this one seems to be quite good one. Thanks and bye.