sinbad

testing RG59 cables

Hi all,

I have an install we did where suddenly 2 remote cameras stopped working.

I tested and there is power on both cameras, but no video output on the monitor.

everything used to work fine and then suddenly stopped working. On the recording I can't find any reason why it stopped recording at that time.

is there a tester out there that can tell me how far down the cable run the problem is?

and also, any ideas what can it be?

Test with ohm meter to see if it is the cable, might want to check bnc connectors then check your cable. How long are the runs?

I used this and i love this thing

http://www.flukenetworks.com/fnet/en-us/products/MicroScanner+2/Overview.htm

Saves me alot of time paid for itself on the first job

These things kick so much butt!

I had a customer bring one in and show us a little under a year ago and within 5 minutes of seeing it I was trying to find a place for us to start carrying them or to get one for myself strictly for trade show wiring.

Awesome product and Great Recommendation!

thanks people for the replies. really appreciate this.

the runs are ~450 both, I used the Nuvico CV and they are powered from an Altronix ALTV2416 (24VAC)

@ first I was thinking someone dig and splice my wire (direct burial...) but when we checked for power on the cameras we had proper current.

I already tried the BNC. first thing to blame you know, but it wasn't it.

I located on the recording exactly the time it happens but no reason was captured

anyhow, does anyone know where to get the MicroScanner² Cable Verifier for a good price. seems like I need one of them....badly

anyhow, does anyone know where to get the MicroScanner² Cable Verifier for a good price. seems like I need one of them....badly

Make sure you get the kit not just the tool it a little more but you'll kick yourself in the butt later.......