jhonovich

megapixel with IR illuminators?

How well will using megapixel cameras with IR illuminators work?

It looks like Mobotix markets a solution for this. Are they the best?

Can anyone share their experiences with this scenario?

Thanks.

Its lika ny other camera however focus shift is 10x worse on megapixel cameras as the depth of focus is already so bad to start with. So I would look at something with dual 1/2" imagers and make your IR kicks on before the camera switches to monochrome mode.

Thanks, that makes sense. As for your recommendation of dual 1/2 inch imagers, what manufacturers offer this? I see Mobotix does but does anyone else? I am trying to get a sense of what my options would be.

Thanks, that makes sense. As for your recommendation of dual 1/2 inch imagers, what manufacturers offer this? I see Mobotix does but does anyone else? I am trying to get a sense of what my options would be.

Arecont 3130m

Its lika ny other camera however focus shift is 10x worse on megapixel cameras as the depth of focus is already so bad to start with.

How can you compare DOF without any mention of features like sensor size and aperture?

Best,

Christopher

I'm hate Mobotix... Lots of marketing, but bad image (not sensitive, bad dynamic range), no management soft from manufacturer (storage management via cameras can work, if max few cameras on site....), proprietary Mxpeg codec....

Mxpeg not bad, but some restrictions to use it with third party VMS.

But dual imagers, with simply lens not bad for IR.

I'm use SanyoHD, autofocus, when IRC filter moves out. This helps