sf1964

siamese cable w/power lead

http://www.nvt.com/applications/pvd_application_concepts.html

check out the table which shows the different power voltages.

I dont have a boxof wire in my appt right now, But as far as I can remember, 24awg is normal Telco wire, much like RCA, while 22awg is the thicker wire that comes in the RG59 Siamese Cable. So you see, if the camera is 300ma, then with a 12vdc camera its like 50' max ......

Rory

ps these were the cameras l am replacing in my bar,l am replacing with bosch flexidome xt and l picked up a panasonic 924a

http://www.cctvwholesalers.com/customer/product.php?productid=16155&cat=303&page=1

Yeah that bullet is probably only 100ma, while the pano you are adding is going to be alot more, 300ma+. You are buying that $800 camera yeah!! It is nice, 1/2 inch, great specs also.

Not sure about the Bosch dome of hand, but since you are buying such high end cameras, I would definately run better cable. This actually would have ended the discussion alot sooner, maybe I didnt notice it ..! Its late ....

Heck, if you really want to go all out, some NVT Cat5 active tranceivers ... then there will never be any issues with interference, ground loops/hums, anything like that, just great quality video ($$$ Though). You would just run Cat5 cable for all cameras. You would use 2 pairs for power, and then just 1 pair for the video ...

Rory

Edited by Guest

yep l got a great deal, but anyone you know use these bosch phillips flexidomes three people including supply houses recommended them so l picked one up and doing the install myself this week,if l like it l am going for a few more and also im going for the new 16 ch nuvico dvr xg model(price and dynamic i.p) w/400g h.d whats your thoughts l am finally almost dcided on it.

Well... whats the price .. on the Nuvico?

Im pretty much stuck on the GE DVRs, they are just rock hard solid stand alones, and full of features.

As for the domes, no never heard of anyone else using them, yet. What type are they, the BW? The look doesnt appeal to me, but Phillips is a good brand and I have used their other cameras like the dinions, well its bosch now ... so in essence you cant go wrong with them, just make sure its not a color camera as in the club it wont see anything! If you are still looking for a good vandal'proof' BW High Res dome, check out the WizKid WZ30, its reasonably cheap, high res, and is undestructable And the best thing is, it is wall mountable by design, plus has a 360 degrees gimble for the lens.

ive used the higher priced Kalatel (GE) Domes but still like the WizKid better, and the support and warranty is the best Ive seen. though WizKid is not especially cheap, it is a dept of Extreme CCTV, but the material and lenses are cheaper thats how the price is lower. They have sold hundreds of them (well the other version with Infrared) to prisons all over south/central america just recently.

Just remember (Im used to testing cameras), if it does not suite the application, you can always sell it ... ive done that more than once, and actually made money off it! Heck I would even buy it to test it out

also, Panasonic has one of the Best Domes out, Wide Dynamic True Day Night, not the best looking, but Im gettting one for the night club here for the front door entrance as there are back lighting issues, approx $490 dealer/spytown cost.

l can get the nuvico dvr for 2400.00 with 400 gig hd and built in cdrw.l would be paying around 3300 for something comparable l think.

yes, thats the one, will it give me what l want for 8 camera system with expandability,to watch a bar approx 60 x20 ft and to record from 3-4 cameras at 20 fps during peak buisiness hours ie 10-2.00am and the rest on motion detect??what do you think of the file size ? very small ,maybe its very good image compression,what do you think??

sf1964 or anyone else who has used this camera:

KG-190EX Weatherproof B&W 0.003 LUX Starlight Camera

http://www.cctvwholesalers.com/customer/product.php?productid=16155&cat=253

Is this camera any good? Does it live up to it's specs?

Who makes this camera?

sf1964, your probably long gone, this is a very old post. Hopefully somebody else will know something about this camera if your not around anymore.

Thanks

jasper,its worth about what you pay for!!depends on your use etc.l used it for a bar and niteclub setting with different types of lights and lighting, l ended up buying better quality vari focal lenses,although it was an adequate camera!!

I am also installing a system in a Bar. I was wondering if you stuck with black and white cameras? What cameras do you end up with? Are you happy with them? Did you try using any color camera’s?

Also I was wondering if you ended up running RG59 or using that thin Siamese wire that I saw referred to in previous posts. If you did use that thin wire, what were your results?

I have not finalized my camera selections at this time. I am thinking 1 bullet camera and several domes in places where people could reach the cameras. Also that thin wire looks easy to run, but after seeing other posts I wonder if there would be a quality loss?

Thanks, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

RG59 would be the thinest you would want to use, really for interference issues as well as others.

yes thats similar to what i use, but in white. Much neater than the all in one jacket. The white is neater for retail or places with white ceilings / camera placement locations.

Good price for 1000'.

l am using a nuvico xg 16 cam dvr and a combination of b/w bullet and colour dome and panasonic box colour camera, for different light areas,ie dark areas b/w and more light areas l try dome.

I have some of the white cable sitting right here ))

Dont know if its the same make, but it sure is the same type.

It may not be, but its the best cable ive seen and used, high quality and best for retail due to it being white.

That Siamese cable I got is really thin. The wires in that cable for power and video are still smaller in diameter the regular sized cable.

As long as I don’t have to pull this wire through any tight spots I should be ok. I have a 100ft length of it and it works great laying on my floor, but when it gets in the attic of a Bar that could be a different matter.

I hope I don’t have interference problems with this stuff and have to rerun the better cable.