scorpion

Federal Background Check Bill for CCTV?

Federal Background Check Bill

Should there be one for CCTV Installers??

http://www.secprodonline.com/articles/63574/

Members of the National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA) took their messages direct to the nation’s capitol during the association’s second Day on Capitol Hill, in a successful grassroots effort to educate national legislators about the concerns of electronic life safety and security professionals.

One of the highlights of the two-day event was the announcement by Congressman Paul C. Broun, M.D. (R-GA) of the introduction of H.R. 5920 the “Electronic Life Safety and Security & Systems Federal Background Check Act,â€

Thats funny, I have been to alot of workshops and these companies send there workers there I would say more than half have a record, are homeless or just got out of jail. I think this is a good idea, I don't think a guy that did time for theft should be installing any security system at anyones' home. Maybe it will clean up the field.

I am for it but then again my state already does federal searches but in some states you need absolutely NOTHING to install security systems.

I have to provide fingerprints as well, that must be taken at the Sheriffs office. I can totally see DNA via oral swab coming next. Past actions could become issues for guys who just didn't get caught before. Like say BTK, we had his DNA for ages but had no comparable sample.

The NBFAA is just a union mafia trying to kill the small cctv shops via regulations. This is the most rediculus waste of taxpayers money and government resources. Any fool knows that a company installing video surveillance/alarm equipment in sensitive gov areas or facilities will already have/require a bb check or security clearance....end of issue.

The states already do this stuff, especially for alarm installs.

on our nation’s security interests
(now the terrorism card? gag me already)

Scorpion where do you find this stuff?

Any fool knows that a company installing video surveillance/alarm equipment in sensitive gov areas or facilities will already have/require a bb check or security clearance....end of issue.

I agree with you on that, but what about the home market.

Do you know how many "old ladys" I meet where I have to tweak a system due to "lick, and stick" fly by nights?

I do not begrudge the start up guy who is working out of his car. I will be more then glad to help someone get started.

I just hate every other guy who says to himself. Yes, I can install some cameras.

This is where I see 30 IR cameras that are supposed to be watching an area that is 60 feet from the camera in the dark!

This is where I find cameras that are supposed to be watching at a distance say such as a mail box by the road, but a 3.8mm lens camera was used!

I find instead of drilling the header, and using a retro low voltage ring, they poke through ceiling drywall, and drop the wires in to a closet then poke through the wall to get in to a room where the DVR is.

They could at least put caulk around the holes!!

This is where I find camera installed under the eaves on the soffit material. Here in florida they get sucked out in 2 seconds flat in extreme severe weather! They could at least put one screw in to a 2X4!!

This is where I find DVRs are mounted in garages! Yes! Here in Florida!

I came across an AVC 773 that survived two years in a garage!! I was amazed! I bet if I put my DVR in the garage I bet it would not last 3 months!! LOL! Just my luck!

I do not like regulations, and Goverment "intrusion", but then again I do not like a lawless wild west either!

The more difficult the install the less you will see of these "amateurs"!

To answer your question "where do I find this stuff"?

I use the force!

Perhaps I have people all over the world trolling through every publication, and reporting back to me through clandestine radios!

Perhaps I have people all over the world trolling through every publication, and reporting back to me through clandestine radios!

You too wow i thought i was the only one.