Dumah.Mx

Need Help DVR Hikvision DS-8000HCI-S

Hi there, I hope you guys/gals are ok when read this. I'm so new at this and i'll need some serious help if it's possible.

I've acquire 3 DVR's Hikvision Model DS-8000HCI-S and 48 cameras to monitoring a high school. I didn't have any problems with the installation process and got perfect audio y video when i saw the monitors, everything was happiness and joy until i want to see them remotely.

So basically i have 3 problems.

1.- When I connect to the DVR via LAN i have access to all cameras and files but no video just audio, it display a message that says "Haven't connect with server" and all display frames had a Pink color, i attached a jpeg name "DVR client" or "Image 1" but i'll repeat have access to all cameras and files with audio and even if i made a change in the configuration via LAN the DVR registered those changes. First i think it was a codec problem

2.- Can't access the DVR remotely by internet, honestly i read the whole user manual over and over and just can't get it. The DVR is connected directly to the adsl modem 2Wire Model 2701HG-T

3.- At last but not least, when i burn a segment of a video directly from the DVR to a DVD-R or a CD-R same as problem #1 got audio but video dislpay green, attached jpeg named "Backup burned screen example" or "Image 2"

All the test were made on 2 computers one desktop with windows xp sp2 and one laptop with windos vista home edition.

Any ideas, hints, tips???? Please please help me I'm desperated and frustrated 'cause i'm a newbie

Thanks for sharing your knowledge,Thanks for all the help and most important Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Regards!!!!!

2092010195_Backupburnedscreenexample.thumb.jpg.ad6b2423a4efe7e54e78206f0619df1e.jpg

1292192526_DVRClient.thumb.jpg.0b8be5059f74988a6bb1fa5f398aaf81.jpg

Hundreds of mails with no answers to hik support site and the DVR were acquire by the high shool in a (mmmm i dont know the word in english) kind of a contest with many providers and the winner gave us that brand. Thanks for the reply

On the phone with syscom tech support at the moment, i'm on hold hope not for several hours, lol. Any other suggestions, tips? Again thanks for the replies

After couple of hours on hold Syscom's answer was "update firmware" then hang up. I'll give it a try honestly at this point i could do anything to solve this huge problem to me.

Hi,

I work with these units everyday, not HIK but the G4-RTA from Intellicam, all the same but Intellicam units are much better. Would you mind if I were to access this unit remotely and take a look at the config? PM me with the IP address. That's all I need. I will take a look at the health of the DVR using the latest client software.

Also, if you have changed the default login info, please either assign me one or provide that info as well.

I believe I can help you. May not be until later tomorrow ( Friday )

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

not HIK but the G4-RTA from Intellicam, all the same but Intellicam units are much better.

Can u explain how is it possble?"all the same " and "much better"

thx

Hey Mike,

I too discovered that the Hikvision and the Intellicams are the exact same hardware, are the Intellicams better due to the return policy and warranty?

Yes!!! And I might add, that the Intellicam units use Texas Instruments DSP's

I quote from Intellicam's site...

"Texas Instruments dominates the Video DSP market because they simply

have it right. Unparalleled performance, unparalleled reliability, and value only made possible by the enormous number of H.264 processors sold by this world leader in DSP technology"

Interestingly enough, when you Google Hikvision and look at the processor specs, no mention of the type of processor.

Processor Type: DSP ??????

Personally, I feel much more comfortable knowing that those units I install have TI's name on it. Also provides immediate name recognition and some sense of comfort to the buying public.

OMO ( Only My Opinion )

The green image could be a codec problem... try using Video Lan Client (VLC) or BSPlayer to playback the dumped video as these have their own built in codecs and do not pay any attention to what Windows codecs you have installed.

The network problem could be anything depending on how simple or complex your network is... try grabbing a laptop and plugging straight into the back of the DVR using a crossover cable, if this works then you know its the network not the DVR.

Also you might want to try restarting the DVR, I have found that certain DVR's act strangely when you edit certain settings and don't reboot.

Usually these are video output type settings (VGA refresh rate etc.)

Yes!!! And I might add, that the Intellicam units use Texas Instruments DSP's

I quote from Intellicam's site...

"Texas Instruments dominates the Video DSP market because they simply

have it right. Unparalleled performance, unparalleled reliability, and value only made possible by the enormous number of H.264 processors sold by this world leader in DSP technology"

Interestingly enough, when you Google Hikvision and look at the processor specs, no mention of the type of processor.

Processor Type: DSP ??????

Personally, I feel much more comfortable knowing that those units I install have TI's name on it. Also provides immediate name recognition and some sense of comfort to the buying public.

OMO ( Only My Opinion )

Hikvision use Techwell DSP's... http://www.techwellinc.com/press/30.html?PHPSESSID=efbdb98d2b2e7133024cde3029de1b31

Lots of the mid level DVR's are using these DSPs lately... I expect that more will follow on their "next gen" DVR's.

AVT, Yoko, Dynacolor and many others use (on their current generation) Pentamicro DSP's... http://www.pentamicro.com/en/at2041.htm

As for Intellicam and TI DSP's if they use the DaVinci then I agree with you but if they are using one of the other DSP's from TI then there isn't that much of an advantage.

Usually companies that use DaVinci would advertise it as such because they don't come cheap.... http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Msid=59500000&Mkw=TMS320DM648ZUT7

There are truckloads of other DSP's and DVR solutions but the above 3 solutions are the most common in the mid level of the market, DaVinci is towards the higher end.

The consumer end of the market all seem to use the Vineyard SOC's... http://www.vineyardtechnologies.com/gseries1.htm

Supongo que dominas el español, la tercera pregunta se soluciona con solo copiar en tu escritorio el archivo player que viene en el CD de la grabadora, la de conectar los 3 grabadores al modem 2wire es un problema que no he solucionado aun, solo puedo hacer que me detecte 1 a la vez.

Saludos.