lakotah

No Name DVR Help

Send me an e-mail, hermin@shscomputers.com I'll try and help you out

Those people who you bught the DVR from sell cheap Chinesse and Taiwanesse Items, I mean cheap stuff that people put together on garages and huts

Trust me, I know

Send me an e-mail, hermin@shscomputers.com I'll try and help you out

Those people who you bught the DVR from sell cheap Chinesse and Taiwanesse Items, I mean cheap stuff that people put together on garages and huts

Trust me, I know

yep, one of my so called competitions down here is selling them for $400 installed, like a 4 channel DVR (or 16 channel, not sure) from taiwan.

I get request via email all the time to sell this product or that one, all from asia, point is im not buying 100 of them for even one or tow of them to only go bad and not have any support available except to have to send them all the way back to asia!! For what you make off them its not worth selling them.

Rory

Hi Lakotah!

Your problem is pretty common. Famous brand DVRs used to have the same issues. Given the continuous high volume data transfer involved some hard drives simply can't take it any more.

We have been working with DVRs ever since they came out and we experienced a high rate of hard disk failure with Maxtor hard drives in special, regardless the brand of the DVR.

What I can advise you at this point is to learn from this situation and clone the hard drive even before you start using a DVR. With a consistent backup startegy this clone can be used to recover your system and recorded data after a hard disk crash.

Some DVR manufacturers provide setup CD-s that format the hard drive and install the system on it. Contacting your manufacturer for a CD like this is a good idea even if you had no problems with your hard disk but you need to upgrade to more storage.

If you need more info about how to do any of the above just ask and your question will be answered!

Have fun!

This unit comes out of S. Korea. I sold about 30 of them a year ago. Then this company out of Ohio started selling them for 399.00 I'm glad now. We had a 60% HD failure rate, and the other 40% never worked right. The system is ok if you don't mind putting a new HD in every 6 months. We now have about 15 in stock i'd love to dump.