rdawg

what is "blc" setting???

Guys i have a ganz color camera CHL 401 . My questiois this. It is place along a back wall show seems to show alot of white in the picture. I noticed on the settings there is a "blc" what is this setting for and what will happen if i switch it to the n position?/ thanks

Sorry I just had too post that LOL.

"BLC" = Backlight Compensation.

The ability of a camera to compensate in cases where a subject with a large amount of background light would otherwise be obscured by blooming or silhouetting.

Backlight compensation is video gain done either manually or automatically to correct the exposure of subjects that are in front of a bright light source.

Normally you do not have to touch BLC for most, including this camera... before you turn it on, you can tell us type of lens that you are using.. Is it a manual IRIS or AutoIRIS version and if so, is it DC or Video version? What will help if you can give us the model number of the lens...

You can turn on the BLC, but chances are good that you will not see much a difference... Your choice for the camera is a good one and specs are here: http://www.computarganz.com/file.cfm?id=321

I have used this camera before... and with areas that had more than usual light change activities.. instead of concentrating on the BLC adjustments or any adjustments on the camera, focus on the lens and make sure that its settings are correct, as most of such problems could happen because of incorrect lens usage.

Let us know.