sarone

duplex multiplexer manual needed.

would anyone one have a manual or any info on a TS-MT216 duplex multiplexer as i cannot find out anything about it.thanks.

yeah,i found 2 non english links and i cant find any manufacturer details on the machine itself.its just that when i connect it to my sony timelapse vcr and i try recording all 4 of my cams around my property it seems too flick through each camera image really quickly,just wondering if its anything too do with the multiplexer.when the cams alone are connected to the multiplexer they go through sequence nicely connect the vcr and they start flashing through really quickly.???

That is how a multiplexer works...

It flicks between each camera, really quickly.

When you need to play back the footage, you have to have the output from the vcr going back into the multiplexer, which then seperates the images so you can pick one to view.

You watch the output from the multiplexer, which has un-multiplexed the videoed images back to a normal looking output (albeit slow frame rate, as the frame rate is shared between however many cams you have.... On a timelapse vcr it will be a lot worse as it records frames slower....)

You may have to 'sync' the two devices together somehow, often there is a output on the multiplexer that goes to the vcr to tell it each time it has switched to the next image, so the vcr knows what is going on.

According to my search this unit works the same as the Robot MV-96 mux, the pic looks a little different. You should have two connections to the vcr, out to in and in to out, if you select live view then you should be able to see a multi screen on monitor, if you select vcr or tape then it will sequence the camera views till you push playback on vcr, then it will p/b in multi screen format. Hope this helps.