sf1964

burning cd using avi file

l have a slight problem, l saved my images streamed over the internet into windows media player as avi file, however it could not burn to cd encountered problem with compression.How do l get to burn to cd so that someone could watch it on digital player or a computer.Do i have to convert it to a dvc format or different file format?or even change the codec l am using the 4 ch intellicamusa dvr http://www.intellicamusa.com

Any help would be great as this was the first time attempting to save video.

it plays video in media player however the error message says it may not support the file type or the codec used to compress the file when l try to burn!! do i need a converter or something?

how are you writing them to the CD? If you have XP you can just goto the CD like a Hard Drive and copy it to it, no 3rd party software required.

If you want if its not tooo big

I know some AVI's I download are bad, and Windows Media Player nor DIVX Player can recognise them, but some do work. Maybe it is an un recognised codec?

i always just delete them

But then they are just kazaa stuff so not important. Thomas or someone over in the computer forum may be better able to answer this.

Though send me it and Ill see if it plays here.

Rory

Uhm, the problem is simple, another screwy Intellicam DVR. I used to use them, but they really use cheao products, just so you know that DVR is not made neither in Korea, japan, or even Taiwan, it's made in Singapore.

I had the same problem before, and I was able to fix it, I'll look to see what I did and I'll post it back here.

but in the future, stay away from intellicam

It just sounds like a codec issue. GSpot will help identify the file and from there installing the codec (If it's around) is pretty easy.

btw hermin, Inteliican is selling some nice products like the BlueNet video servers and network cameras, which are great products (I distribute them in Israel) , and they also carry the Nadatel dvr that was recommended by dvrexpert(australia:)). Their prices are reasonable as well.