federal

Kodicom DVR - Diginet Site problem

Hi, got a problem with a Kodicom board (possibly not genuine I suspect - extremely cheap from asia) and Diginet Site software. Everthing works great except for backup. When the backup screen pops up I leave it at "time backup" select a minute or two where data has definitely been recorded, click to check size, select media and click Ok. Nothing happens. I have tried all sorts of media including fixed disk ,usb disk, cd-rom etc. I have also tried an AVI backup - same problem. The backup Icon doesn't appear at the top of the screen and no "KDB" folder is created. Any ideas?

Also I have a customer that doesn't like the look of the software - is there any other software that will run ok with these boards?

Well, as far as the software, sorry you are stuck with whatever it came with.

The other problem someone here should be able to tell you how to help.

and why do you think that the card is counterfeit? Can you post a PIC so that we can see it?

I think it's counterfeit due to the fact that I have had 2 boards with the same software, and although the component parts look the same they are laid out diffently on the 2 boards and the newer one has heatsinks attached to the chipsets. All the pictures I've seen of this board do not have heatsinks. Having said that I get the same problem on both boards in different machines, so I'm certain it is a software issue.

One came from the UK - genuine I think. The other is from China. Can't take a pic at the moment - may get a chance to open it up tomorrow.

I appreciate that the board may be counterfeit, but I have the same software problem with both boards. Do Kodicom sell software only. I want to get proper support, but as is all I have is 2 boards, one which came with a disk with "Diginet" software on it and another that came with the diginet software re-branded as "Celotex". Obviously the celotex software is just a rip off and more than likely illegal - hence unusable by us. The other software I have been told by Kodicom Europe that it is counterfeit and they will not support it. However Kodicom Europe are no longer advertising their boards, only complete systems at ridiculous prices. I like the hardware (it works excellently bar this one problem and is very cheap) However I can't sell or even use it for personal use if it is illegal. Maybe I'm better off looking for another software vendor that supports this hardware?