one word, POS!

Actually, its okay as a local DVR, its darn large though, main problem it has no remote software, just a built in web server which is horrible quality on line, and I would not even consider it as remote video device. Any of the other software they give you does nothing, so ignore it. Its made by someone else cant remember the name off hand. just branded under Provideo.

Rory

Rory, is there any kalatel DVRs which offer POS? Just interested because you're right, Norbain rebadge the Kalatel DVRs as Vista. I had a norbain rep over the other week and was demonstrating the "columbus" dvr, i very impressed with the remote view quality.

I think the speco DVR is actually made by dynacolor in Taiwan. Its not a bad standalone, but you're right again about the webserver, poor quality at its best! I was trying to avoid using it but my customer wanted a remote keyboard to control it so i used it in preference to the new argus DVRwith built in CDRW.

Yes, all of their DVRs do Point of Sale, except the EZ versions. They require an add on module however called ProBridge.

Rory

Lol, yea i was wondering why you put down POS! Im guessing you meant Piece of S***! Whats so bad about it apart from the webserver, im interested because i installed my first one the other week and didn't get time to test all the features. My supplier said the dvr was similar to the DM sprite DVR and was in competition with it! Yea right !

its ok, except i wouldnt sell the network part of it!

but no, doesnt compare to DM.

Installed one a couple a weeks ago and is really regretting it. Its a good DVR if you do not need remote viewing, but the built in web server is such a pice of junk. Worst I've ever seen. Doesn't even work correctly if you are on the same LAN.

im glad im not the only one that sees it that way!

Fred, checked out the Uriel DVR yet? I still have to order one, trying to do that this week.

the portable one? I imagine kodicom will cost alot more though, the Uriel one is under $500 with lan.