sillared

New To This- Need 8-16ch Standalone and PC based DVR options

Hey All.

Looking for a starting point here.... I need an 8-16 channel Standalone or PC based DVR system to replace a current older vcr system with 8 cameras. Would like to reuse the BNC cameras if possible, but thats not always an option..

I`ve tried 2 four channel clover dvr`s, but they dont seem to always work as they should, they dont continue to copy over the oldest files on the hard drive even when specified to do so, and theres always an alarm light flashing, but the manual, or maybe I should say what they try and pass off as a manual doesnt tell me what to check or what the alarm is even for.

What I`m looking for is couple options for starting points, brands to stay away from etc... Price is a bigger concern than performance, but I`m always open to new ideas and better options for a few $$ more. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

E.

Seems Your DVR is not configured properly!!!

Refer the manual and set the correct fuctions...disable all unwanted features of the DVR s.a Alarm etc.. as needed!!

What is Make the DVR ? ; Link for d manual pls?? for my knowledge.

Kalpesh Nikumbh

Your best bet is to check for a dealer near you and have them show you some demo units, most surviellance DVR's will have BNC inputs so you will not have to change that. For any recommendation's you will need to provide more detail as to what you are looking for IE, pps,record quality, networkable, length of recorded data, etc... Hope this helps.

Hi Kalpesh,

Its a Clover CDR 4170

No such thing as a manual online that I have been able to find..

Heres a link to the unit on Sams Club, where the unit was purchased, it seems to have the best description of the unit..

The unit is also a major PITA in that half the time both units wont finish their self tests with a fixed mounted storage drive, and a drive in the hot swap sled. Remove the sled, works fine, put it back in, wont finish post. In and out a few times, and then they start working again. Its not the drives, I`ve pulled them, and run the full mfgr drive diagnostics, they passed with flying colors. Thanks,

A clover DVR is bottom of the barrel. I would never suggest purchasing them for video surveillance as you will not get the quality and reliability you need for video evidence.

ICRealtime puts out a Flex series DVR that is very impressive. The 8 channel retails for about $1,999. This unit will give you the recording quality you are looking for.

Hi Sillared !!

Seems one another version of Chinese Product!!

I havant seen this model no. but after reffering manul realised so!

we have similler 10 diffrent make product in india !!! may be there source is the same!!!

very detail maual gives all info. Bro!!

http://www.cloverusa.com/download.asp

about LED FUNCTION

- REC : The LED will blink when the system is in the recording mode.

- PLAY : The LED will blink when the system is in the replaying mode.

- TIMER : When the SCHEDULE RECORD is set, the LED will blink

before it starts RECORDING.

- ALARM : The LED is lit when ALARM is set.

- HDD FULL : The LED is lit when the space of HDD is less than 1GB. If

HDD OVERWRITE is set, the LED won’t be lit even though

the space of HDD is less than 1GB.

- POWER : The LED is lit when the POWER switch is on.

better do the factory default and then disable the buzzers in the menu!!

and using the s/w available on site will make it more simple (GUI based)

kalp.