robg

View multiple DVR's at one network console

Does anyone know of a DVR that connects to the network where the software that is included will allow me to view multiple DVR's simultaneously?

Thanks,

Rob

All DVRs that are worth anything allow for this, ones that have networking yet do not support this would be a much shorter list.

Hi,

Yes, as CollinR has pointed out, any line that is worth its' salt will provide software that will accomadate this feature.

The G4 Line of DVR's, the RTA, XLA and LTA all provide client software where you can configure up to 50 DVR's and view video from any one at the same time. I use this software to monitor my local customer DVR's. Work's very well.

Thanks

Mike

Good info, thanks for the replies. I have since found out that the DVR's that I am using do provide for this, but not with the included software, it's an additional download. I have been using Nuvico and was only using the Lite version of software. The full monitoring program (not "lite")will allow you to build virtual DVR's and place cam's from multiple physical devices in the order you want on one virtual DVR monitoring screen.

Thanks,

Rob

AVTech has a CMS software.

I do not know where to get a copy of it though.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to share a copy?

I was told this too but in the end I realised that this is what they called their new "DVR Viewer" software that is included with the Digigaurd series onwards... it does not allow you to view multiple machines on a single screen like one would expect, there are just a series of tabs down the bottom that you can use to select DVR1,2,3,4 etc. all shown one at a time.

Also the "remote independant operation" they talk about is just a second channel on the built in video web server that allows you to control the call output of the ASIC, i.e. you can only view one channel at a time independant of the main monitor output