Tyler_dsi

DVR Remote View through air card

I need to set up 4 wireless cameras that connect to a DVR and there all on batteries and after which the dvr needs to connect to a wireless air card through sprint, at&t ect. and i need that to work its sort of out on a remote location all cameras are just normal Dome camera's not ptz or zoom or anything.... if anyone can help me on how to conect the dvr up through a network so i can view it through another aircard via the internet on my laptop. and what wireless equipment i would need 600-700 ft thank you!

I need to set up 4 wireless cameras that connect to a DVR and there all on batteries and after which the dvr needs to connect to a wireless air card through sprint, at&t ect. and i need that to work its sort of out on a remote location all cameras are just normal Dome camera's not ptz or zoom or anything.... if anyone can help me on how to conect the dvr up through a network so i can view it through another aircard via the internet on my laptop. and what wireless equipment i would need 600-700 ft thank you!

By batteries, are you willing to be looking at large dry cells? Because if you're thinking 9vs or AA's....it's not going to work for broadcasting long distances. Not with any real battery life. Are you willing to change batteries daily?

I have used wireless cellular routers from Dlink and from Zyxel. Dlink is cheaper, but the Zyxel Zywall 2WG is far more robust, reliable, and flexible.

The only catch is that these routers only work with specific models of PCMCIA (and USB for the Dlink) Aircards. You have to make sure you get the correct card for the router.

I use Sprint, Verizon, and ATT cards in my laptop on a regular basis to access my Avermedia DVR PC and it works great. I live in an area where I get true 3G performance on all three networks, so performance is great.

At this time, my Avermedia DVR PC is connected to a cable modem with 500Kbps outbound data rate. I'll soon be installing an ATT cellular card as a backup circuit using a Zyxel Zywall 2WG router.

Regarding the Air Card,

You should look for something like a ZyXel 3G Mobile Broadband Security Appliance

http://us.zyxel.com/web/product_family_detail.php?PC1indexflag=20040908175941&CategoryGroupNo=81AD76FF-54E8-484F-A2C5-4B2C83DFD32B

That will let you use networkable devices on your aircard. I have never uploaded video through an AirCard but I access DVR's through an AirCard all the time.

You might want to read your TOS for the AirCard. I know my carrier does not approve of steaming video, and I'm pretty sure they would not want me networking devices to the Air Card either. But like I said, I do use it sparingly and haven't been canceled yet...