metafizx

s/w that handles H.264 ?

what recording s/w handles H.264 for Arecont (other than Arecont's s/w)...

?

We have support for it in our NET Hybrid and NetStation software. So please try Alnet Systems ....

I've have 40+ H.264 systems in the field right now. We've been using Exacqvision software. Everything works fine and we've gotten great support from Exacq when we've had a few issues.

Most of those issues have unfortunately been our Arecont cameras...

I've have 40+ H.264 systems in the field right now. We've been using Exacqvision software. Everything works fine and we've gotten great support from Exacq when we've had a few issues.

Most of those issues have unfortunately been our Arecont cameras...

Do u mind to share what kinda problems with Arecont ?

thx

Some of the early releases of the H.264 cameras had some technical issues. I had a few that wouldn't allow me to change the IP address, and one that just wouldn't save any settings. Arecont gave me an RMA and replaced them fairly quickly, so no serious issues there.

Overall I'm very happy with both my Arecont cameras and the Exacqvision software. Exacq has given me great support too.

Exacq has given me great support too.

Probably they are doing great job as its not a first time when reading about their great support.

Does anybody know how much they charge per camera license ?

I'm paying $115 per license.

I started using the Exacq H.264 when it was in early beta. The engineers there really took our suggestions to heart when fixing some of the early bugs. They are always available to call and usually find a solution to any problems we have quickly.

I've always been a big Milestone supporter, but when I shifted to H.264, I couldn't wait on them to support it.

Good question.... I'm buying these direct from Exacq for use within my company, so I would guess its a end user price, but can't say for certain.

i understand DVTel's Latitude v5 and above supports Arecont's and even Axis' H24.

just take note that at the viewing end (the client workstation), you might require just a little more computational power compared to viewing MPEG4/MJPEG.

what recording s/w handles H.264 for Arecont (other than Arecont's s/w)...

?

Alnet Systems

This is incorrect, Dvtel 5 only can access the MJPEG part of the these cameras. Version 6 of Dvtel can support H264.

Mike