Dositmat

Help Choosing DVR for a Mac Remote Viewing

Hello All,

I am looking for a DVR that will allow a Mac running Safari or Mozilla log in and see the cameras. I am looking for a realtime DVR with PTZ Controls. Also looking for 8 or 9 channel.

What do you reccomend?

3 Days and no one knows?

There are some, but they tend to be fairly rare. Video Insight's analog system does support the Mozilla family and Safari but might be out of your budget range if you're looking at a 9 camera system. I do work for them, so feel free to take my words with a grain of salt.

3 Days and no one knows?

Surprisingly, But AVTech's AVC760 can do it. AVC760AS can do it better.

Ops. You cre looking for 9 channels. There's no 9 channels. Either you go for 8 or 16. Their KPD-608 or KPD-616 or DG1648.

3 Days and no one knows?

There are some, but they tend to be fairly rare. Video Insight's analog system does support the Mozilla family and Safari but might be out of your budget range if you're looking at a 9 camera system. I do work for them, so feel free to take my words with a grain of salt.

As a customer/user/reseller, I'll second that... we have a number of VI systems in place that clients are accessing with a variety of browsers, including "mobile" versions of IE, Mozilla and Opera on assorted mobile devices (Moto Q, HTC Touch, Palm Treo, etc.)

Surprised Thomas didn't give you the link to their demo version: http://www.demovi.com

HI there

I'm Mac-based too and have been researching for about two days now. Still not sure if AvTech kit can be accessed via the Mac, but I've tried out the following both on my Mac as well as my iphone and found it works (just not sure if its included in the AVTech DVRs):

can't post a link but search for Videoinsight

If I find out anything else I'll let you know and if you can do the same and post here I'd appreciate it

Ade

The AVtech uses java NOT active X thats why they will work on the Mac. I use a mac to connect to my AVTECH 782.

HI there

I'm Mac-based too and have been researching for about two days now. Still not sure if AvTech kit can be accessed via the Mac, but I've tried out the following both on my Mac as well as my iphone and found it works (just not sure if its included in the AVTech DVRs):

can't post a link but search for Videoinsight

If I find out anything else I'll let you know and if you can do the same and post here I'd appreciate it

Ade

Thanks for all the replies. I decided to try the AVC 785 and will be installing it tomorrow. I recently have had a lot of requests for Mac users so I hope it works out ok. I will report back with my findings.

Thanks for all the replies. I decided to try the AVC 785 and will be installing it tomorrow. I recently have had a lot of requests for Mac users so I hope it works out ok. I will report back with my findings.

I'd be very interested in these results. I've narrowed it down to AV Tech because of the Macs we use, so let us know how you get on!

Ade

You'll face some issues with Mac and AVC785.

The new series of 760A, KPD608 has no prob with mac.

The older (soon to be obsolate) AVC785 has some issues.

Key thing. It'll not work with Mac/Safari. You'll have to use Mac/Firefox to get it to work.

760A/KPD-608 will just utilise Quicktime to play the streaming video on mac, so totally no prob.

I've been looking at the AverMedia DVRs as I think that they can use Java also for the viewer. Might be worth looking into