JohnD

AVC760Z

I currently have the AVC760Z (US) version. I have been trying to find the latest "E" software and if there are any Firmware Upgrades for this series. My current Firmware is: 1098-10-k8-04-aa-13

Anyone know where I can get/download any updated firmware and confirm that the latest "E" software is 1.0.6.6

Thanks.

I would not change the firmware, and the 1.0.6.6 is the latest for that particular model.

If you had the 760A, or the 760AS then there is a newer Server Software, but it may not be compatible with your machine.

Why do you need to update the firmware?

I was only looking to update the firmware in thinking that the unit may have improvements similar to what you get with BIOS upgrades on a PC. Subsequently, no real reason, except I was hoping for greater or improved functionality/performance. Same with the S/W "E". It is a very good basic software, but could use many improvements which I have seen on more expensive models. One feature I really liked with a higher end S/W viewer was the ability to track how far back your recordings went based on date. In that version, the date numbers would go opaque if data was not available to be viewed. Thanks for the update.

I was only looking to update the firmware in thinking that the unit may have improvements similar to what you get with BIOS upgrades on a PC. Subsequently, no real reason, except I was hoping for greater or improved functionality/performance. Same with the S/W "E". It is a very good basic software, but could use many improvements which I have seen on more expensive models. One feature I really liked with a higher end S/W viewer was the ability to track how far back your recordings went based on date. In that version, the date numbers would go opaque if data was not available to be viewed. Thanks for the update.

I think you already answered your own question.

IMHO, unless there's a big feature improvement or bug with the current firmware, don't try to mess with it.