jhow

High QUALITY SIMULATED/Fake SECURITY CAMERAS

We are designing a CCTV system for a retail outlet, the customer want to add some fake cameras to the mix. Anybody know of a US source for high quality simulated security cameras?

Anyone ever used this company

-EDIT: SPAM - CR

No commercial sales in forums, please refrain from doing this in the future.

Simulated (read fake) cameras are not recommended for businesses. For one thing they can open up the business to a lawsuit. Say a customer trips on an item and gets hurt. Seeing the camera there, the customer's lawyer asks for a copy of the video, which doesn't exist. Or the customer untruthfully claims a clerk was abusive. The store would have no proof otherwise.

Those are retail prices, and not wholesale prices.

You should buy wholesale if you are an installer!!

For those prices you may as well go and buy some inexpensive bullet camera at wholesale prices, and just mount them. It will look realistic!

They have budgeted a 8 ch DVR and the extra cameras would require a 16 ch DVR, they only need 8 to 10 cameras to cover all locations. We are installers if you know of any wholesalers please PM me.

By the way what ever happen to the work shop in FLA.

I was going to sponsor it out of pocket, but then the economy hit bottom, both the market, and my wallet.

I will have to lick my wounds a bit, and get caught back up, and then start the process all over again.

We are designing a CCTV system for a retail outlet, the customer want to add some fake cameras to the mix. Anybody know of a US source for high quality simulated security cameras?

The Arm Electronics DPROCAM is their box camera housing without the guts. It's a little pricer than some dummy cameras because of it, but it definitely looks like a camera.

They have a smoked outdoor dummy dome that is their outdoor dome housing without guts. DMDVPSMK(?). Not positive of that part number. Make sure you get the smoke though(see below for why.).

Their indoor dummy domes I do not recommend because the dome cover is clear and you can actually see there is no camera inside.

Usually I say just buy a cheap camera. There are cameras out there for the same price that actually work. And if they want to have a real system later they already have working cameras(may not be very good but better than nothing.).

Those cameras look so fake, what camera do you know that actually has a flashing red light on it haha? and if you mixing it with cameras that working, it going to stand out even more.

True.

People are going to spend money on their hotel room, food, and other expense. Then you have to have enough rooms rented to get a free banquet room, or you have to rent a banquet room.

I wanted to "seed" the first one, and I wanted to make it an event every year. Those who want to go to a show would just go to the traditional shows.

Who would just want to fly to Florida, stay in a hotel, and just meet the "guys" from the forum? We can do that at the big shows, but then again most of us may not have that kind of time.

We would have to "do something" so that it could be written off of the taxes.

Yes I know that one can travel and hand a brochure to someone and that qualifies for the tax write off, but then I want to have some fun!

How about you?

This kind of reminds me of an IndigoVision "IP Conference" I attended a few months ago. It wasn't a conference at all - mostly a sales spiel for their products. It really irks me to spend my employer's money for travel, lodging and food to attend what is basically a sales presentation. Apparently these "conferences" are really popular in Europe. It must be a cultural thing .

Not that I'm saying this is in the same vein; just that there would have to be a seriously good reason to attend an event; especially in today's economy!

Survtech busted me out!!!

Yea! Lets go to Scorpion's Workshop!

Go back! Go back! It's a Gyp!!

It's a sales pitch for AVTech Products!!

Run! Run! Run for your lives!!

Yea! That will make everyone want to come back next year!!!

It is bad enough that I get every "long lost relative", and family members who stop in Florida to say hello, and then I become their "hotel, and hospitality servant" so that they can go to Disney World for a few days, and then I never hear from them until their next vacation!

All I need now is to add everyone on this forum to that list and have them come in at random times of the year. That would really thrill my wife!! LOL!

Come on in guys! My wife won't mind!!

I am sure there is a group out there that would love to "come on down and meet the guys", and at the same time learn something new, such as maybe throw in some quick sell electronics to your showroom that you never thought of. Write off your trip, and bring the wife and kids, and go to Disney (Group Rate), and get to see the Behind the scenes of Disney! Most people do not know that Disney World is built on a second story, and that the first story is actually the "underground" or the basement of Disney. Due to our water Table we cannot have basements! Did you know that Disney World is the second story of a very large complex?

Did you know that every night somewhere they are pulling up trees, and shrubs, and changing the hanging plants? Did you ever wonder why the plants are always in bloom no matter what time of year it is?

Interesting.

If you love Christmas lights, and animated lighting then Disney is the place to be at the end of Nov and the begining of Dec. It is amazing how many channels that are computer controlled, and how many lights are attached to these channels, and then the lights are synced to music!

I ready for the season. How about you?

It is bad enough that I get every "long lost relative", and family members who stop in Florida to say hello, and then I become their "hotel, and hospitality servant" so that they can go to Disney World for a few days, and then I never hear from them until their next vacation!

Hey scorpion,

When my wife and I went to Disney World a couple of years ago, we paid nearly $300 a night for a room. Next time we go, can we stay at your place for free (we'll even buy the beers)?

Beer? Someone said Beer?

It's a deal! Come on down!

You buy the Pizza too!

How about the following items for a workshop?

Fire Automatic pistols, and sniper rifles

Axe Throwing Contest

Unarmed and Escape Techniques

How to conceal covert cameras, transmitting bugs, and listening devices

Laser combat

Evade and Escape techniques with a vehicle

hand to hand techniques

how to find covert cameras, transmitting bugs, and listening devices

tandem parachute jumping

key bumping

lock picking

bomb defusing (simulations)

Photography course (camera surveillance)

gps tracking class

geo caching

diversion safe class (teach various devices that conceal)

disguise class (change clothes, reverseable shirts/jackets, hats, backpacks ect)

os gas pepper spray class

LOL! What has that got to do with Video Surveillance? I do not know, but it sure sounds like fun!

I know why we don’t follow up on an ideal this guy name Scorpion had about us pooling our resources and buying a container load of DVR's together!!!!!! This would be a great time to consider such a purchase, ten to twenty of us buying ten dvr's each now become a order of 200 dvr's instead on 1-5 when just one person buy from a distributor.

If you keep doing the same thing then you will keep getting the same results, if you change up then maybe you will get a different result.

Sorry just thinking out loud

No! Everyone has to get in line, and spray me. I can take the first ten shots OK, but the last guy in line may not get his chance!

I am going to hate the baton sequence!!

What about the bomb building class and timer creation? I will be happy to come to Florida and build one on Scorp's vehicleHehehehe!