pochrist

This may be a silly question... Do I have to press record?

I just installed a NV5000 Card in my PC and I'm still ironing out some of the settings, but I may have missed it, I just set up 4 cameras and selected "smart monitoring" (which is a Variation of Motion detecting right?)

Do I have to press "record" on the main screen, I've ran it for a day or so and there are no records / captures, I thought it would do this on its own.. Yes the program is running, But I just came over from a Kguard Card and it records as long as the app is running. The only way the NV5000 seems to record is if I press the "record" button. Did I miss something? Thanks

Nice. This solved my problem too. I figured you just needed to set up the motion recording, and never thought you needed to hit the record button after it was set up.

Thanks for the help!

what Avermedia NEEDS is an "installer" on thier software developement team that can effectively make changes............seems like the "duh" type things get past the SMART guys doing it.... like;

- Auto is spelled AUTO.......

- Record? ok, lets record with it.........

- where is da miniumize button?

- you want to monitor a IP camera via the monitor outputs? why would you want to do that?

- remote platback..........why can't they atuo, I mean auto, select the "download playback and view playback". Maybe 1 person occasionally selects local playback? Get it????

- DVR startup........why should I have to use a password to start it???why not make that a selectable setup thingie? just like the atuo...I mean auto boot setuo?

- and my favorite.whenever a IP camera disconnects.yes they sometimes do, the software bugs the crap out of you with popups that somethings keep you from loggin in remolely.......I mean the freaking popup just keeps on pop'n up.....hello..camera is not connecting......and if you have several IP cameras programmed and your main internet connection goes down......good luckie chuckie......I've actually spent 20 minutes or longer trying to long on via remote while these popups block the login scren......

- speaking of the remote feature.........it's nice but clunky as compared to other remote programs........but it is nice.just needs work.

- PTZ function via IE or client. fraking slow moe baby!!! Unless you have your presets nailed down....good luck following any action........the larger DVR types are better than the small, but............click on "move right" and wait for it to move 1/8 an inch...and then you might be able to change the "speed"......if that option appears? again, half baked........

Products can always get better if they only take time to listen........Aver is a great product for the price but like any other DVR manufacture out there...........effecting change is hard....and yes, I've called and tried but even the "feed back" from Aver is less than exciting when I tell them to spell right......yep, got it, can do, we'll get it, okie dokie.......how hard is it to spell something right? Especiaclly when someone points it out? You'd think the person I tell would be concerned about the product image.....

Hey Avermedia..........do you want me to proof read your software?

ok, I feel better. Gee, I hope my supplier still loves me?

I just installed a NV5000 Card in my PC and I'm still ironing out some of the settings, but I may have missed it, I just set up 4 cameras and selected "smart monitoring" (which is a Variation of Motion detecting right?)

Do I have to press "record" on the main screen, I've ran it for a day or so and there are no records / captures, I thought it would do this on its own.. Yes the program is running, But I just came over from a Kguard Card and it records as long as the app is running. The only way the NV5000 seems to record is if I press the "record" button. Did I miss something? Thanks

No, you don't have to press the record button.

Go into Setup.

Select "System Setup", and turn on "Auto record when login".

Then go to "Schedule" and select the days you want to record. I just hit the "All" button.

Now go to "Recording" and turn on the type of recording you want for each individual camera.

No, you don't have to press the record button.

Go into Setup.

Select "System Setup", and turn on "Auto record when login".

Then go to "Schedule" and select the days you want to record. I just hit the "All" button.

Now go to "Recording" and turn on the type of recording you want for each individual camera.

the schedule recording feature is used for mandatory constant recording during certain times. if you would like the system to record only on motion, I would recommend that you set the system to record on motion(to save on disc space), and in the recording setup, and enable record when system start in the system configuartion. if you do not want the systme to record all the time, do not select any of the days/times in the schedule portion.