kaysadeya

$1500 - $2000 DVR

Thanks. But until I understand the system better, I think I'll stick with more traditional troubleshooting methods. I only use The Hammer on Fiats and Windows-based computers.

Update: To test if there's something wrong with the 'C 1' connector, I connected a camera to 'C 1' and a monitor to the channel 1 loop out ('L 1'). That works, so I assume the problem is either a setup or hardware problem.

Thanks. But until I understand the system better, I think I'll stick with more traditional troubleshooting methods. I only use The Hammer on Fiats and Windows-based computers.

Update: To test if there's something wrong with the 'C 1' connector, I connected a camera to 'C 1' and a monitor to the channel 1 loop out ('L 1'). That works, so I assume the problem is either a setup or hardware problem.

that sounds like a software issue, but either way you seem to be troubleshooting it the right way.

rory

I'd rather not say until they've had a chance to resolve the problem. It only arrived on Friday afternoon. I'm not here to bad-mouth my supplier, only to get troubleshooting information. I'm new to this stuff and am open to the fact that I may have overlooked something in the setup.

hardware can come bad, thats just how it is. Problem with most distirbutors if not all, they never test the product before they send you it, at least the big distibutors like the ones I use in Florida, which sell thousands of products a day. But they have great warranties.

I'd rather not say until they've had a chance to resolve the problem. It only arrived on Friday afternoon. I'm not here to bad-mouth my supplier, only to get troubleshooting information. I'm new to this stuff and am open to the fact that I may have overlooked something in the setup.

Well, to be 100% honest. The loop is going to work wheather the port is good or bad, because the connection is actually hardwired. Hopefully there is something wrong with the Connector 1, look in the camera setup on the main menu, there should be a option to turn on the camera either on or off. hope this helps

can you post some screenshots of the network software when you get a chance?

Thanks

Rory

Thanks. I fully expect my supplier to come through. I'd just like to avoid any unnecessary hassle for both of us if it's a problem on my side with the setup.

Like I said earlier, everything else about the unit is great. I've been out most of the day, but played with it again this afternoon. It may be the gee-wiz factor of a person upgrading from a VCR, but I'm amazed at the capabilities of this thing.

can you post some screenshots of the network software when you get a chance?

Thanks

Rory

Will do when I get it webbed up. Right now I'm working on the basics.

yeah I have had to send back at least 1 DVR to mine, it was actually probably a shipping problem that damaged it, they always give me a replacement no prob, most will with no problems.

Well, to be 100% honest. The loop is going to work wheather the port is good or bad, because the connection is actually hardwired. Hopefully there is something wrong with the Connector 1, look in the camera setup on the main menu, there should be a option to turn on the camera either on or off. hope this helps

I've been through all of the setup menus several times. I'm not sure I can turn any of the cameras "off." Granted, I have a lot to learn so I could easily be overlooking something that would be obvious to someone more familiar with these systems.

should be a camera setup section, look for enable/disable ...

if you have a link to the web site maybe we can find a manual and help yah out ..

Rory

Geez, did yah see the cautions on it!!

ill look through it and get back to you

rory

Uhm, looking at page 64 of the manual, seems that in the camera setup, next to where it says Channel 1, there is a icon, have you tried clicking on that particular icon on the right? that might just do the trick, I'll keep looking thru it to see if there is another solution.

ok no nothing about enable/disable cameras. Seems it just has input selections so It must auto enable it. maybe askthe member called HELODER on this forum as he sells Kodicom. (saysecurity). Interesting to know what OS it is, looks like Linux RTOS? Or could be the other one they use in Asia that begins with H.. (herm? any ideas)

Rory

It looks more like a RTOS of their own. I like the way the manual is, very professional.

thats what the extra $500 is for ! LOL - just kidding .. thats what I always say about Provideo though, you pay exytra for the little brochures they give you with each camera, plus thepower supply ... Kalatel, you pay for the name and all the goodies they put in the box such as a twist on BNC connector (hmmmm ... extra$100 for a connector!! Ouch) but I still like them for that .. except the ultraview ofcourse

Yes, manual is professionally laid out and has ALOT of detail, very well done. Koreans know their stuff.

Rory

Well, considering that 95% of quality CCTV stuff comes from Korea, yeah, I'll buy that they know their stuff.

Well, considering that 95% of quality CCTV stuff comes from Korea, yeah, I'll buy that they know their stuff.

a couple come to mind ...

nadatel, uriel, active-K, and ofcourse Kodicom.

well, anyhow, I'm coming to pay you a visit (over the web) you know what I'm talking about, I'll wait for you

Uhm, looking at page 64 of the manual, seems that in the camera setup, next to where it says Channel 1, there is a icon, have you tried clicking on that particular icon on the right? that might just do the trick, I'll keep looking thru it to see if there is another solution.

Yes, all that does is select which camera to set the other settings below the icon.