damracin

DVR with phone line hook up

Is anyone familiar with a DVR that has a phone line hook up to download small video clips. I know this is old technology but I have someone interested.

Thanks...

Is anyone familiar with a DVR that has a phone line hook up to download small video clips. I know this is old technology but I have someone interested.

Thanks...

With a direct 28.8k or 56K output? No way, they hardly had a market place in the late 90's. The closest thing to something like would be -maybe- Telexper for a dvr, or the old 8x8 type systems before they became a VOIP teleconferencing company.

Image vault still makes DVR's with dial-in modem capabilities, might be on the expensive side, depending on the needs.

old 8x8 type

I played with a lot of those 8 years, or so ago.

Wow! That brings back a lot of memories! I am glad we have evolved away from those "boxes"!!

Now press *

I am pretty sure this GE StoreSafe Pro II DVR I have for sale has dial-in capabilities. Rory should know for sure though.

Thanks...

With a direct 28.8k or 56K output? No way, they hardly had a market place in the late 90's. The closest thing to something like would be -maybe- Telexper for a dvr, or the old 8x8 type systems before they became a VOIP teleconferencing company.

I found out that Honeywell makes one still called rapideye. Additionally, GE and American Dynamics also makes one. Thanks.

I was browsing for some tech help on a system I am working on that is set up to use phone line communication.

You can connect to most late-model DVR's from Kalatel using an external modem and serial cable at the DVR in RS232 POTS mode.

It is possible and when I find somebody that was in the field during this era of slow POTS communications to answer my tech questions I can give you more details.