iamomeed

how do you protect the exposed wires outdoors

when installing the cameras out doors theres a few inches of exposed wiring. what do you cover the wires with to protect them from the environment and bad guys' knives

On the cam in my back yard I use kopex, which is a flexible, waterproof, conduit, metal inside, rubber/plastic outside.

With the fittings etc its not cheap though, I was lucky and managed to get a handful cheap on ebay once.

It wont stop a determined attack though, then again I cant think of much that will....

If possible two cameras that cover each other, so any attack on one is recorded by the other...

I've used Kopex, Liquid-Tite, assorted flexible plastic, EMT, PVC, split-loom, tape wrap, and even just left the wires exposed, depending on the location and specific needs. Normally I'll just use a combination of PVC and plastic liquid-tite, unless code calls for EMT.

I use Liquid-Tite, You have to figure that if they want to damage the camera wire bad enough no matter what you out there they will get to it, Metal, Plastic what ever.