paranoid

GV 800 No smart option ?

Hi all,

I have been playing about with the gv 800 system (v6.1) and im having a few problems, the first is the fact that I cannot select the 'smart' record function as the tick box is permanently greyed out.

Secondly when I play back footage some of it will pause for a few seconds while the timecode counter continues. This is happenening with round the clock record and motion detect record, my pc is well spec'd.

Any thoughts ?

Done all that and just about everything else, but it still wont let me select smart. I have tried everything I can think of

Thanks for the reply

There's definitely not a problem with your card or anything, we've experienced those sort of problems in the past. Its just one of those things, when you need a geo system in front of you and play around to sort it out!

Your second problem seems strange though, the recorded footage shouldn't stop when you're recording round the clock, again need to play around with the system till you get it right!

Im usually very good with these kind of graphic user interfaces and I found the gv software very easy to get on with and have already tested different methods of recording, different motion levels, masking, resolutions, tcp/ip, web cam etc etc.

Theres not really anything that I don't understand about this software except the lack of smart and high/low selection, I have tried upper limit on and off, all quality settings both ways and nothing seems to allow me to select smart.

The broken video footage may be a hard drive cache setting.

Just a quick point...

Is it a GV800-4, in which case it will be 25 frames across all channels anyway, therefor no need for the smart technology, if not which card do you have?

Hi

It is indeed a gv800 4 and I think what your saying is that the smart function is deliberately disabled because the system automatically knows that it should split the fps up equally.

If so it would be nice if the manual mentioned this so that I didnt spend endless hours trying hundreds of different configs.

Am I right in saying that I should set the 'upper limit' to 25 fps for each cam and recording quality to 5 so that I get the maximum out of the system ? I am also viewing and recording at 640x480 and it appears to make no difference in quality when viewing a 640x480 recorded file and a 320x240 recorded file expanded to 640x480 which tells me that the cards chips can only realistically handle 4 x 320x240

Thanks for your help