I leave my PC on 24/7 running my GV250 v6.0, with webcam server and RPB server running also. I've just checked what was recorded overnight and all my recorded files up until 0730 hrs this morning have disappeared. Co-incidentally, my first recorded file was dated exactly one month ago today ie 10th January. The Recycle box was checked and the number of days set at 60. The missing files are not in the Windows Recycle bin. Disk space available was 94 Gb before the files disappeared.

Any ideas anyone ??

steve

You have corrupted index files, caused from the system having a power spike or black out or the system not fully shutting down... look at the section of the drive you are recording to and check the dates,, if they are out of order...example.. one date is way old then your index is stuffed, you may try the geovision repair database facility however this is not fool proof.

XP allows to view the camera folder dates by thumbnail view, if the funny date.. the odd old one does not preview what is inside this folder then you will definately have either.. no data... or corrupted data.. there is a program in Geo to repair corruptions, however once again.. not fool proof.. The simple solution is to make sure your video recordings are on a seperate partion and you use a UPS device that communicates with the DVR to shut it down on power loss.

I've tried the repair utilities but they just report that the files are ok as the "missing" files are not there. Strangely, when I try to view the files in XP via "My Computer" the files are not showing either. They are normally sorted into date order with one folder for each dates files. The folders are also gone. There is now only one folder remaining - todays date - and any files from before 0730 on that date are missing too. I have tried using System Restore and reverting to yesterdays date but the files are still missing. I think that the files have been deliberately deleted - probably by Geovision itself. I am running the Geovision software on a 10 Gb partition (c:) and the files are stored on a 100 Gb partition (D:). I was down to 94Gb free space before this problem and I'm now back up to 98Gb. There is nothing in the geovision activity logs to suggest that it might have recycled the files.

Steve

Onya Hermin!!

Mate what has happened is that your index files were screwed, so when you ran the repair database utility they would have deleted the corrupted index and the files, you MUST turn off system restore when using Geo... Once againa software based UPS device will fix this problem... Other DVR devices haev the same problems HERMIN! its justt hat Geo has attempted to fix this issue. The reason is the AVI file is not completed when a machine is abnormaly shut down.. I sell a software integration UPS device with every built DVR that I sell. I can send you amore technical explanation if you like as I have sent it to all of my clients, just email me and I will send it to you.

thanks. I've e-mailed you asking for details of the software based UPS.

The damn thing did it again last night - all yesterdays files disappeared.

I use an automatic disk defragmenter (Diskeeper Pro) and I've now turned that off as well in case it's causing any issues.

No, I don't use either (yet). Just a standard GV250. Mind you, I hadn't given that any consideration when I ordered the UPS which I suppose I should have.

It's just deleted all my video files again. Everything during the last calendar month is gone. It seems strange that it has waited exactly 1 month since the last time it did this.

Did you format the video drive and run the repair database tool... if you did a quick format it will still be there, the corruption.. you MUST format it.. it MUST be on a seperate partition and you must tick Recycle in the mapped HDD area

I didn't reformat last time but I've just created a brand new 50Gb partition and reformatted it. We'll see how it goes......

I've left it set to recycle after 90 days.