Rebco

What Geovision management needs to know....

This is a little something that i have to get off my chest i have been using Geovision for many years now and I think the management at geovision should know the following.

First , the new drop menus in 8.2 are awful; you had a good thing what possessed you people to change it? New things aren't always better.

Second , playback function is horrible, why can't you use a calendar? instead of the terrible interface you have now every other dvr I use has a nice playback function with a calendar and lets you pick the hour without having to click on the day wait the click on the camera you want to see then the hour. Who designed this someone’s child come one really get on the ball.

Third, can you make the remote playback interface a little better add customers are not going to know what camera is what use the camera name NOT the number.

Fourth , can you make the remote view browser interface a little better add a quad view to it. Instead of one or 2 or multi view and again add the camera name, is that really so hard.

Fifth, why is your customer service so awful it takes weeks to get an answer, a big company like geovision can't afford to put some people ( ok just one)that know what they’re talking about to answer customers questions.

Sixth, Give us better software to use don't make it harder to use. Software designers have a different view of what complicated and easy to use is then the rest of the people.

and last, How about providing companies that sell your product to end users some software we could use in the sales of your product. Even Microsoft let us try software before we buy... If I want to show a customer your product works as a hybrid. I have to buy a license to show them. Why can you provide us with demo software we could show our customers why the pay more for you cards then others?

These are my opinions but i think a lot of people will agree with me..

I have to agree with you on most points, except point five , I've always had a good reaction to any query's, and within two days,!!

I have always had the impression that Geovision focus all of their energy on new products / innovations, to keep ahead of the rest, but fail to integrate all their progress into one neat package , it always looks a bit messy.

They fall into the category of company's who allow only their engineers to design a product and fail to bridge the gap between the engineer and the end user. They should remember that the end user is the one that determines weather the product sells or not, bearing in mind that the end user may not be remotely interested in the technical side of surveillance, to them its only a tool, and it should be as simple as possible to use.

Maybe Geovision is only interested in large companys using their products, who have IT. and surveillance people at their disposal, to bridge that gap, but there is a large market out there if they tailor their products a little better.

Cant say I have noticed much of a problem with dropdown menus, but I normally use control center and leave the main system alone most of the time.

I agree the playback selection method could be made simpler, and that software should be nice and easy to use.

Third, can you make the remote playback interface a little better add customers are not going to know what camera is what use the camera name NOT the number.

What are you using as the remote playback interface?

In control center you can have the camera name showing, also in the browser webcam interface you can select 'show camera name' also.

Fourth , can you make the remote view browser interface a little better add a quad view to it. Instead of one or 2 or multi view and again add the camera name, is that really so hard.

The multiview in the webcam interface has multiple options, including quad view.

Press the setup button in it and you can have it display the camera name on each camera.

Fifth, why is your customer service so awful it takes weeks to get an answer, a big company like geovision can't afford to put some people ( ok just one)that know what they’re talking about to answer customers questions.

Not had to contact them much, but they have never taken more than a few days or so to respond so far.

What are you using as the remote playback interface?

In control center you can have the camera name showing, also in the browser webcam interface you can select 'show camera name' also.

I have used control center and the web log-in but most of my clients like to log in using the web log-in and that could be more user friendly...

Sorry for not being more specific.

The multiview in the webcam interface has multiple options, including quad view.

Press the setup button in it and you can have it display the camera name on each camera.

I will have to check that out.

Not had to contact them much, but they have never taken more than a few days or so to respond so far.
I once had a question that i asked i got an answer 3 to 4 weeks later.....

Having done a very thorough research in PC based DVR systems, it became obvious to me that GeoVision is still considered to be the Gold Standard of DVR cards. There is a reason they have been the market leader for so many years.

However, in my opinion, they don't seem to have responded well to the improvements made by their competitors such as AverMedia, etc.

While their competitors are making an effort to improve their software year after year, GeoVision's Software package appears to be getting more bloated than anything else.

A lot of people are waiting to see if Ver 8.3 is going to be a step function improvement in the quality of software, or just another bunch of bug fixes and patches.