tazman1a

DVR AVC782 only works when my PC is on

I have just set up my remote viewing for DVR AVC782 with Scientific Atlanta cable modem, split with D-Link router DL-604 and my PC.

The problem is that I noticed I only can connect to my DVR AVC782 only when my PC is on(my PC is connected to D-Link router). I noticed I still can still remote view after I shut down my computer for about , after that I can not remote view anymore. If I immediately switched on my PC, I can see my DVR online again.

I used port forwarding and use dyndns as well, Can anyone help me how to set my DVR online even my PC is switched off, thx

I an not a networking guru, and I would be completely lost trying to trouble shoot that issue.

I would probably try to do a hard reset on the router, and go through the setup stages all over again.

Can you give us an ipconfig from the computer, and then also tell us what the DVR network settings are?

http://scorpiontheater.com/Documents/AVTech_Guide_Networking_AVC7XX_Linksys_Info_2A_Line2.pdf

You are just remoting into the DVR and not going to your PC and then going to the dvr with software on your pc, correct? Like the person before me reboot the router and give us some more detailed information.

Hmm… the only thing that may cause this problem is if your DVR is set to DHCP and your PC has static IP assigned. Now you wrote that you have port forwarding set in your router to specific local IP address. If your PC has lower IP address than your DVR, after you turn the PC that IP will become available for any DHCP device on your network. DHCP addresses are assigned from the first available (lowest) to highest. If your PC is off the router may reassign that ip to your DVR effectively braking your port forwarding table. Anyway just check your DVR’s IP when your PC is on and when it is off.

v2comp,

can you slow down? I am trying to write this down!

LOL!

Thanks! I will have to make a note of that!

Thank you for all of your fast reply, I will try to reboot my router first, and tell u tomorrow whether this solve the problem.

Anyway v2comp, how to see my DVR's IP while my PC is off? cause I cannot remote view while my PC is off, and I set my DVR network to static, thx

You can view the DVR IP via the menus on a connected monitor, look under "static."

If you provide more information you will get better answers! That includes how you have wired the router and cable modem together.

reboot the router didn't work, then when I looked at my DVR's network setting, it was in STATIC, then I changed to DHCP setting, and now I can remote even my PC is off. my ISP said that I will have static IP, but it turned out dynamic IP, wrong information

Thank you for all your support