andaziar_iq

Camera quantity need-cctv design

We have an resort park,1 km distance from end to control room,all building construction completed ,now they want cctv without making holes or distrube walls for cabling and conduits,they prefer wireless .So ,how can i know how many camera i have to install?And which type?How can i reduce cameras quantity as possible as they request?

Realistically, the only way you're going to get wireless covering that sort of range is with the aid of external antennae on both the camera(s) and the DVR end... which is going to mean disturbing the walls to pull in cables. All you'll really be able to avoid is needing to dig up the street/parking lot to bury cables. Any wireless that will cover that sort of range with any degree of reliability is going to be spendy as well.

Frankly, there's no way I can think of get away with this cleanly AND cheaply - they're just going to have to accept that as a consequence of their own shortsightedness.

Frankly, there's no way I can think of get away with this cleanly AND cheaply - they're just going to have to accept that as a consequence of their own shortsightedness.

I couldn't agree more things should of been planned. Not that they screwed up they want to you to do a patch job with the security system.

We have an resort park,1 km distance from end to control room,all building construction completed ,now they want cctv without making holes or distrube walls for cabling and conduits,they prefer wireless .So ,how can i know how many camera i have to install?And which type?How can i reduce cameras quantity as possible as they request?

I would recommend a IP camera system. I would use a wireless mesh network by Firetide. I have not used this system but everyone that I know uses IP cameras systems says this is the best.

www.firetide.com

I would recommend a IP camera system. I would use a wireless mesh network by Firetide. I have not used this system but everyone that I know uses IP cameras systems says this is the best.

www.firetide.com

Interesting... hadn't heard of Firetide. Looks pricey.

I am actually in the process of putting a bid together and am looking at cisco and firetide as 2 wireless solutions. I haven't used either on so please any advise or comments are helpful....

Check http://www.ubnt.com or search google for "Nanostation"

IP for sure More megapixel =less cameras

In other words one day-night 3Mp cam might be all you need.

those nanostations look good.

I play with Cisco all day -its good stuff but expensive.

A couple of these for the link back to base.

http://www.ubnt.com/products/nano.php

As for the camera we need more info on lighting, position etc

oh there are a few companies selling integrated WIFI and IP66 /cam deals have a look at those also. this would be preferable if you don't have the expertise to glue it all together.

z

Answering the first question.

To find the optimal quantity of cameras I recommend to use JVSG cctv modeling software.

You can draw a site plan, put cameras and find to optimal quantity of cameras and their positions.

Have a look on the picture:

100288_1.jpg

Software seems to be very useful. A couple questions regarding object size calculation to determine whether identification will be possible. Does it take into account the camera resolution? Using a 3 megapixel camera with a 6mm lens you may be able to get identification from a long distance where a 530TVL analog camera will not. Wondering if this software can help the selling feature of megapixel versus analog. It's in the amount of pixels present in the video which will determine if identification is possible.

Don't mean to threadjack, maybe this belongs in another thread but I saw it here so be it

Thanks.