bodine101

connecting to DVR after power loss

I have been able to connect to my DVR clover 4570 within my network on wireless(getgear) router. I lost power the other day and have not been able to connect since. I connected to my netgear and looked at devices connected and the IP address seem to have one number that was different that what was originally in the DVR during setup. My biggest problem has been trying to connect outside my network;however i read alot on here and might be going in the right direction but not sure why I cannot connect at all now after power loss. I have not looked at the dvr using a tv or monitor yet.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Do you have a "regular" IP address, or have you paid extra for a Static IP address from your internet service provider.

Do not post it here, but go to this:

http://ipchicken.com/

Write this number down that you see.

Try logging in remotely (away from your house) with this number.

The above is only going to work if you have the correct info in the DVR, and the correct port forward entered in to your router.

You say that you do not have video over your lan from your DVR. This will be the first step of troubleshooting. Once you see video on your lan, then you can check your remote view.

thanks I will try that. I have a DDNS, did not pay for static ip. One thing that is confusing is do I enter the host info in the netgear as well just like the ddns website has you do? I already set it to tcp and port forwarding as well and the port numbers.

"I connected to my netgear and looked at devices connected and the IP address seem to have one number that was different that what was originally in the DVR during setup."

Did you set a static IP Address in the DVR?

I looked at the DVR again yesterday and it had 2 numbers higher than original on the last set for instance 192.168.1.X. The x was 2 numbers lower before the power loss and now I can view internally in my network by changing the config settings on on my DVR software. I cannot view it externally still. I did not set those ip settings they were already showing on my dvr when I went to network or IP address. I have a DYNDNS account and put the info in there like the manual told me. I dont understand what i need to do. My understanding is if your using DNS then you dont need a static ip. I have my dvr set to Dynamic dns right now. I need a step by step procedure on what to do for view these cameras from a remote site.

thanks

I have cable modem then it goes to my wireless netgear 614 model i believe. Then a port to my dvr, no other ports or used only wireless.

Also can you remote change your settings to your router from another location?

Try changing the DVR's IP address back to the original lower IP address and try remote access. Sounds like the IP change broke your port forwarding.

Even though you have a dynamic public IP address for your router you should have a static private IP address for your DVR.

I will try that. One other question should I have the same static ip address in my router settings under port forwarding. I did not put a static ip address all I did was set the port numbers like this website said. There was a section for adding a static ip address. That might be where its not linking to my dvr externally.

thanks for all the help.

Yes, the IP address for your port forwarding needs to match the IP address of your DVR. That is why it is best to static the DVR.

In your router settings there should be a way to set an IP range to use for DHCP and what you have left would be your static IP range. The DVR should use an IP in the static range. And that would be the IP address you set for your port forwarding.