andaziar_iq

Best wireless cctv system

it's not easy to pin-point a wireless manufacturer that is 'good' in CCTV application.

most wireless transmitters were not manufactured to handle video-type of wireless transmissions, until of late (maybe). Even network switches - they were not capable of doing video transmissions for long, until quite recently.

Suffice to say there are several considerations to choose your wireless device:

1. What is datarate the IP Camera / Encoder transmits? 1Mbps? 4Mbps?

2. What mode of transmission - unicast TCP? Unicast UDP? Multicast UDP?

3. what type of transport protocol used by the IP Cam / encoder - RTP/ RTSP?

4. does the wireless device support IGMP - for multicast routing?

the above questions will help select a wireless product that is more suitable for video transmission. The question on distance, line of sight, signal strength and all also has to be addressed.

hope this gives somewhat of an idea.

I have recently completed a project with 32 wireless cameras. If you can tell me what sort of design you are looking to do, I may be able to help.

I have recently completed a project with 32 wireless cameras. If you can tell me what sort of design you are looking to do, I may be able to help.

Could you please provide some details, what cameras, what equipement, what type of wireless system and devices etc. Would be very useful Chris. Thanks.

> most wireless transmitters were not manufactured to handle video-type of wireless transmissions

If what is meant is just one-way transmission of analogue video and audio, then such devices have been around for decades and are perfectly capable of doing so.

The average wireless cameras/transmitters are not really designed for a reliable 500m line-of-sight path but it's easy enough to change the receiver antenna on these to give adequate gain to make it plausible. You'd still need to mount the receive antenna outside if possible with the receiver module mounted directly to the aerial, to reduce coaxial cable losses.

There are 2 ways you can go on this.

You can use analog 5.8 cameras. Cost will be $500. They include a built in transmitter and a 420tvl camera.

Camera can transmit upto 1000' away.

You can also use ip cameras of your choice with out door access points.

How many cameras are you looking to install? budget? Wireless distance?

that link and the DNS name are dead ?

I think I paid my bill....

Not, alive, works for me.