i just bought a micromark pir cctv camera ..i need to connect this to my pc instead of a video recorder..how would i do this and what parts would i need..and would i need software..

thanks for your help..

i just bought a micromark pir cctv camera ..i need to connect this to my pc instead of a video recorder..how would i do this and what parts would i need..and would i need software..

thanks for your help..

what C7 said, a Video Grabber Card, or a PC DVR card ...

If you want to record, and if you want remote video, then buy a PC DVR card, 1-4 channels, or if you dont, then a video grabber card will work just for basic viewing, and will do as much or more than the DVR with more expensive software purchased seperately.

What will you be using the camera for? Thats the question which will decide what to use.

Rory

A Video grabber would be a PCI card of some sort which you would insert in the PCI slot of your computer. Careful though, you need to partition your drives and have a good spec PC for your PCI card to manage all that video recording. If guessing you're in the UK if you're using micromark so you can check out either swann (low end) or Geovision (High end) PCI cards on the net.

Hi

If you only want to connect 1 x camera then you can get a usb capture device complete with software for motion detection etc.

We use them & they work fine for a basic system.

Hi

If you only want to connect 1 x camera then you can get a usb capture device complete with software for motion detection etc.

What brand do you use?

USB 2.0?

Does it take all the PC resources?

Hi

What brand do you use?

USB 2.0?

Does it take all the PC resources?

whatever one, stray away from memocam stuff, it is shabby ..used the USB and the PC card and we ended up dumping them ..

We use one made by Grand Tech from Taiwan called Watchguard,

Its usb 1.1

It has all the features for a cheap system including remote viewing, it costs about £45.00 (+P/P) + VAT.

If you are only using a Micromarc camera you hardly need to spend much on capture devices.

If you are only using a Micromarc camera you hardly need to spend much on capture devices.

Good point baywatch! a geo or other pci card would be unnecessary in this situation