matter2048

Best way to convert IP to Analogue Video

I have installed an IP camera system consisting of 4 AXIS 221's and one AXIS 207. The client originally wanted to display these on his PC's but now wants the video fed to his Plasma TV's. Plasma's are fed by an RF TV cable. Composite video signals will be mux'ed onto RF network by existing hardware.

I have explored the option of installing an AXIS 292 for each channel but this becomes very expensive.

Another solution is using a PC with a capture card and a TV card for converting the feed to RF.

Does anyone out there have any other options.

I would prefer a standalone one box solution and not have to configure a PC which may fall over from time to time. Reliyability is obviously an issue.

Your comments would be appreciated.

does the lcd have a vga/pc input? vga can be split & extended from the dvr. you can also extend the remote if it has one..........

There is no DVR in the install. Plasma's are fed by RF so each IP camera needs to be converted to Analogue and then multiplexed onto the RF cable network which goes to each plasma. In turn the plasma will then be tuned to the frequency on which the cameras are transmitted on.There is no vga cable running from a central location to each plasma.

I may have found a unit which can assist me. The Vivotek VI-RX7101. If anyone has experience working with this and AXIS cameras please let me know.

If that vivotek gives you your analog out you can put those feeds into rf modulators to interject the signal to your TV's. I have used Channel Vision RF modulators with success in the past. But I don't know how well they play with cable boxes or satellite receivers.

what else is the plasma's being used for? if presentations, modulated signals will work, if digital cable, you will run into issues if you try to plug a modulated signal into the system without notch filters, and just because a channel looks empty, like 80 for instance and you add in a notch filter that may kill digital channels 110-120, depending on your cable company of course.

that's a really poo setup HI-res to low-res displayed as low-res on a Hi-res monitor -hmmmm.....

Should be using the Plasma's HDMI connection running 1920x from the source !

Even VGA would be better than a modulator /CATV setup be ok I guess for an overview.

you can get HDMI to cat5 extenders now which would do the job and give you a great result. most modern PC graphics cards have HDMI out so its all good. [say if you were Running Axis C-S. on the PC\DVR]

z

You really need to work a PC somewhere in there, and split the VGA/DVI monitor output to where you want it to go.

I did this with my own system. I piped the second output over Cat5 to a completely separate location (I suppose you could pipe it to wherever you're injecting the RF into the cable system). The client's going to be damned disappointed with the picture quality if he's just going with RF.

You've gotta talk him into something else... I suspect he's NOT going to be happy with the way that setup is going to look.