cctvexpert

Geo Problem with PTZ via Remote Client

We have a client that is having a problem with the GV over remote client using a PTZ. The PTZ crawls remotely but when they connect any other DVR program it seems to work fine ruling out any possible camera issue. Any suggestions

I emailed GV and got a response of that unless it is Pelco they cannot guarantee it will work. I don't mean Pelco protocol I mean Pelco camera, which is a ridiculous answer. It appears that it is unique to GV since these same cameras work on all other DVR's. Have tried the speed controls have tried the Pelco P and D settings with no luck. It just crawls. They said when they come out with 7.0 at some point in the future it will address this. Part of the problem with GV if you look at the evolution of the product is it has been patched together instead of a new architecture.

I say again like I said before, this forum is FILLED with GEO problems, but not any from I-view.

I hate to be ****y and pushy, I just hate that geo has cornered the market with it's crappy product, and if you dare say otherwise, run a search, out of the 11,000 post in this forum, 8,000 are from geo's problems.

Plus how many more from other users out there who have not yet found this forum to share their frustrations.

What make of dome are you using, we use Lilin with no problem.

Seriously if your make is in the dropdown list then Geo should make an effort to support it.

hint: always use the DVR's PTZ ... in other words if you buy a pelco DVR buy a pelco PTZ .. otherwise ... good luck