aleicgrant

finding reliable, knowledgable dealers/install in Orlando FL

I am based out of Melbourne Florida.

I do not know about the companies in Orlando, but I am surprised that you are having that much of a hard time finding a company in Orlando.

http://www.google.com/search?q=video+surveillance+companies+in+orlando+florida&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=

For those of you reading this post that came here from a search engine then I can tell you this:

There are customers out there that are looking for entry level pricing, and this is where a lot of problems begin.

Some companies will do it cheap, and then 8 months down the road when you have a warranty issue, or you need tech support then you find out that they have gone out of business.

Some companies will charge more than you are willing to pay, and this takes them off of your "shopping" list.

There are alot of "people"/businesses that will install cctv systems, but they have no technical experience. They may have been an electrician, or a lock smith, or they build computers, and now they are trying to install cameras to make a buck.

If you are needing our services, then we would be more than glad to serve you. We travel all over the state of Florida.

You can call a manufacture of a particular device, and they may be able to recommend a dealer in your area.

If you call ICRealtime you may find that we are recommended to you for example.

This does not guaranty that a company is knowledgeable, or that they are competant, but it sure gets rid of a lot of those companies that are ordering "kits" off the internet, and the internet company that provides the stuff probably does not have a tech support "division" as they are only box pushers. Now you have the distributor that has no tech support, and an installer/dealer that has no in house tech support.

Call Eclipsecctv, or CCTV outlet, and they will recommend you a company. You may even find us recommended to you.

Our company has an excellant repoire with these companies, and we work back, and forth their respective tech support personal.

As for technical know it all we CCTV companies can get "caught" with our pants down just like anyone else. Sometime a short run of products may end up with a bad part, and we suffer the brunt of heat from the public while we research the problem, and then work on getting a replacement product, or it could be that the products change every so often, and new technology is introduced, and we have to stop, and get caught up to date.

If some company says that they know it all, then I would tell you to be wary. If we ever go out on a service call, and the customer owned DVR is a brand that we have not seen, or worked with then the first thing we will ask for is the manual, or we will try to download it from the internet, and read it. It always appears that the problem is some box that did not get checked during the setup, and we can figure it out in 5 seconds after reading the manual. The tick box may be on a menu page not normally associated with that part of the setup.

I hear you loud and clear. I can show you phone books from 2 years ago with a list of CCTV companies, and now they are gone!

Wow! That is a shame! All of those customer that turned me down in the past because I may have been just a few dollars more than they were willing to spend are now out on a limb.

I try to help these people the best that I can. If the distribution chain that provided the DVR cannot help them, then I cannot help them, unless it something that I can fix such as swapping hard drives, or doing a hardware reset on the DVR. With cameras it could be the power supply, or the wire to the camera, or it could be the coax back from the camera. Those I can fix, but the camera I cannot.

There are alot of internet companies that only provide a 3 month warranty on the product even though the manufacture probably had a one year warranty, but what kind of company do you call in China?? YIKES!

Thank you for doing your homework! I am really proud that you have placed this much care in to your installation!!

Take care

surprisingly yes I have had a tough time. And the other factor is that they wanted to overcharge on a lot of items.

A dvr that can easily be bought for $300 to $400 they were costing out at almost $900.

I have no problem paying a fair rate for labor and materials but not rediculous mark up's

I believe in establishing a fair budget, getting the work done right the first time and then using that same company as many times as I can. In addition, I refer the heck out of them when I do find a good one.

I did service magic and several other online searches and only got two contacts back to come out and do an estimate. One was fairly knowledgeable and the other not so much. Both however came in at over $3000 for a four camera job and dvr

I've been trying to work an install again this year after a January break-in. I'm close to having decided on the equipment I want to buy. Because of the layout of my home, I'm having to run cable in flex and emt for 4 of the 6 cameras in the plan. As a CPA and shopper, I know pricing rather well and don't mind reasonable markups if there's a reason. I'm having an issue finding someone who will just partner in Ventura County CA for install only.

Having said that, I'm still working the cabling issues and possibilities of inline mics where I'd like to use a 24VAC setup.

Best wishes to you.

jl

CCTV installers like myself are to make a living, there is always markup when you buy equipment from a installer/retailer.

A normal 4 camera dvr installation costs anywhere from $1000 to 3000 depending on length of wire run, type of cameras, dvr and location.

and having to belly crawl like an inch worm through a tight space attic in the middle of July when the heat sucks the breath out of you!

Yeah I've never dealt with florida heat before. I'm in California so the heat is not nearly as bad in the summer even in the attics. I do take ice cold water with me up into the attic.

There are two types of customers I deal with on a daily basis.

* denotes CCTV Installer/Electrical Contractor comments/policies.

Customer A)

Don't know anything about cctv except the cameras record, playback and show real time at their desk or back room. They're willing to pay a reasonable or pay for the complete solution (installation, service & hardware)

*full price, markup, hardware sales, support service agreement, install from start to finishing. 1 year warranty/service agreement for 3 adjustments*

Customer B)

Knows a bit about tech or is tech savvy and is budget minded. Has went on the internet to research the lowest possible price for crap equipment or went on the internet for a price. Or has acquired their own equipment used/new from FLEABAY (ebay) or other sources.

B1) Wants to pay the absolutely lowest price for the installation and maybe has even started the job but unable to finish/get it working.

*sure, but i'll only do that if i start from step 1 again and run new wire and if customer supplies camera, p/s, wire or etc. 90 warranty on labor only limited to terminations since customer supplies materials*

B2) has got the equipment but wants labor only charged for install.

*sure no problem, we can work a deal out for my install time 90 day warranty on labor only on terminations since customer supplies materials*

I have never heard of it, and I have never seen it in the news, but it would not surprise me to hear that an A/C installer, Cable Guy, Telephone Guy, Alarm Installer, or CCTV installer has passed out in an attic, and the fire dept had to smash the dry wall to get someone out!

I am glad I have fast, strong drill, and quality fishing rods.

Get in, get out, quit messing about!