dvrtiger

Silverline DVR?

Hi,

I have a problem with one DVR unit. I think it's a Silverline JPEG2000 based DVR, but I'm not quite sure because there are no labels of any kind on it ( so I've posted some pictures of it). My problem is that we got it into our service shop for servicing, but someone has set password and I'm unable to remove it, so I'm unable to enter menu. If someone is familiar with this dvr and knows how to reset password and is able to help me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

99481_1.jpg

99481_2.jpg

I am guessing that it is a 4 channel DVR?

I have seen DVRs that appear similiar based on the shape of the buttons, but I am not familiar with that DVR.

I wish I could be of more help!

I went through a couple of vendor's list on line, and I did not see that model.

I saw this one http://www.supercircuits.com/Digital-Video-Recorders/4-Channel-DVRs/DMR27U

I do not know if they are kissing cousins, or not?

It might help you track down the manufacture.

Is there a production date on the PC board?

Perhaps it may be some vendors catalog from a couple of years ago?

Yes, it's a 4ch version.

I also went through a couple of vendor's list on line, and it seems that every vendor offers it under different name and product designation! So, i suspect that it's some kind of 'generic' copy. I've managed to find it on

http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/Cricklewood/home.php?cat=8

but there's no manual, link or even basic info about product company.

All i can see is that it' s based on linux embedded OS and H264 codec, as many generic dvr units.

I've tried to remove CMOS battery, but without results. And there are no reset jumpers, pins or anything at all.

It may be two "pads" that you may have to short together.

The other question is: Which two pads! Hey! Try the Black wire, and the Red wire!!

(This is an inside electronics tech joke for those of you that came to this post from a search engine! This will blow the power supply sending smoke, sparks, fire, flames, shrapnal, and the occasional atomic cloud over the test bench so do not do this at home! You will be pulling electolytic capacitor debris from your eyes for the next year assuming you still have your eye site)!

Yes, I know, there are only 'few' pads I'll have to track them down somewhere around eeprom...I'll have one very interesting morning in our service shop tomorrow.

P.S. Black and red wire are the final resort, and I think I'll enjoy it

Hi Big Luigi here and a forum newbie. I came across your thread while looking for a silverline website and had no joy, but being the kinda guy I am decided to join your forum and lend you a hand. I can confirm you have the Silverline DVR but what model I don't know. I looked for a jumper around about the battery where you can normally restore the CMOS settings but to no avail. I also see there is a jumper to the right of the HDD cable socket??? I have the instruction manual and the factory set default P/W is ADMIN: (NULL) / MANAGER: "1"/ USER1: "2" ~ USER8: "9" I have typed it as is from the book hope it means something to you it means nothing to me. Admin can change the P/W as can the manager and the user cannot. As for the Menu, this seems straight forward enough other than that it has been somehow been disabled or maybe it's F... Fu... Fuu... inoperative!

Hope something here helps.

Big Luigi.