ini

Would Demo's of these cams be beneficial to anyone?

Good evening everyone. I just purchased 1 ea of KT&C KPC-n600nh, KPC-n700nh and Nuvico CB-SD21N-L bullets today....should have them by the end of the week. Would demo pics/clips be of interest to anyone? I wasn't able to find any and since I won't sell a product that I haven't tested I just broke down and bought one of each....everyone shouldn't have to do that. If they are too cheap to be of interest to anyone, I understand.

I'd be interested to see apples-to-apples images to compare!

I've found that spec's are as useful and accurate for cameras as they are for stereo speakers--for me it comes to down to how the image looks and other aspects that specs can never capture.

(Listen up camera vendors!) I believe it would be a big selling point if someone came up with a very well-controlled set of image/video tests to allow shoppers to compare camera performance. There's aspects like color accuracy, image sharpness, and, for security cameras, the ability to obtain identification traits of subjects on camera that are important. The test scenarios should vary parameters such as ambient light level, lighting direction, light sources (solar, fluorescent, sodium), and distance of object/subjects from camera. Targets in the viewing frame should include such items as sample license plates and faces, whether photos or manniquins or actual subjects. The key, though, is the tests have to be tightly controlled so the *only* thing that is changing is the camera.

(off soapbox)

Hey Guys-

got all 3 cams in and am testing now. I will post pics Sunday. I have to say that I'm not at all pleased with the Nuvico. WAY to much noise at night with the IR's on. I have searched and searched this forum for pointers on settings for this model but I have spent 5+ hrs focusing and playing with the many settings and it's just not living up (yes, I said 5 hours just to focus...got any clients that are interested in paying you 5 hrs labor to focus a camera?!?). I will say that day picture is decent if you turn saturation and brightness down a good bit. I have the n700nh up now and so far a much better quality picture than the nuvico....can't speak for realiablity just yet, of course. I plan to test the three side-by-side tomorrow and tomorrow night and will get the results posted Sunday (looks like the Nivico may be off to ebay [ I was hoping for good results with this cam]. ...stay tuned!

Hey ini,

I would be interested, I almost bought those KT&C ones myself but had alot of issues with some of there models so I didnt. I appreciate you sharing.

Here is what I have so far.

I don't have good examples of the 600 yet but I will get them up tomorrow.

cb-sd21n-night.JPG.f182b4435e9076dfc5bbe55f95a472b8.JPG

n700nh-night.jpg.743912e2b84d19371996ca80e9701e67.jpg

n700nh-day.jpg.96bedc9cd54fd1ce6913d96ca10f6395.jpg

Sorry...can only post 3 attachments at a time... adn it is telling me that it can't access the FTP directory when I try to post the cb-sd21n-l-day:??maybe I've reached my limit for a while...Dopal, I was going to post the pic I just posted in the other thread where I'm asking for help improving the quality of the cb-sd21n-l. I think I'll just move over to this thread so I don't have pics posted everywhere (don't want Rory on my bad side!! .

a quick note about the n700nh day pic: I tried my best to focus it on the far pickets, not the table and chairs that are directly in front of it.

Are you living in my old house?? That looks just like the deck and woods of a house I used to live in. I will check out the other link, thanks

na...I built this one about two years ago. Do you live in Ga?

..still telling me "can't access ftp directory"...I'll keep trying, I've got a day of the n600nh now as well.

...these make me really want a megapixel. I just put in a couple of 211M's for a client and

good static tests....

Lets see some movement like people and cars

A face a number plate etc

z

good static tests....

Lets see some movement like people and cars

A face a number plate etc

z

This is all I have at the moment. I will try go grab some clips this evening. I'm still trying to get the Nuvico focused correctly....actually have it for sale in the classifieds here. Will post more when I get a chance.

http://

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv128/ctucker_ini/

...think I may have found the problem with the Nuvico. There is an oily film over the lens with smudges....is it suppose to be there (remember, I'm a complete nube at the camera thing)? What household items do you all use to clean lenses?

...think I may have found the problem with the Nuvico. There is an oily film over the lens with smudges....is it suppose to be there (remember, I'm a complete nube at the camera thing)? What household items do you all use to clean lenses?

I still think the n600nh has a more crisp image than the Nuvico. The n700nh is the same, with more IR. What do you all think? Look at the "evening" pics

http://

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv128/ctucker_ini/

Looks to me like the KT&C's images are more in focus and crisper than the Nuvico's. At least to my eyes

that's what I get out of it. maybe someone more experienced could get better results out of the Nuvico (like say, if I had a 21" bosh monitor and tripods) but,....why go through the trouble?? If these KT&C's prove dependable, I think I may be in....at least for non-mgpixel applications.

Hello,

ini where did you purchase the KT&C KPC-n600nh, KPC-n700nh and Nuvico CB-SD21N-L bullets?

The KT&C's were purchased from a seperate wholeseller than the Nuvico's and since I'm a reseller, I don't think I can advertise in this thread. Sorry, don't mean to be an a55 but I don't want Rory on my bad side....

I do have the Nuvico for sale in the classifieds here at cctvforum...