MetzLyov

What Operating system do you use??

One final note....

Linux or its derivative are the only OS that support 64-bit processessors and applications that were written for it....

Where was or is the Microsushi to support this type of platform??

Levon

As for 64-bit, the real benefits are basically MORE MORE MORE. More memory, more throughput, etc... makes it easier to address all that stuff, whereas stuff right now has to play games. For instance, recently a customer wanted to slap a brand new 300GB drive in their old Win98SE machine. It's not that straightforward sometimes .

This isn't a jibe against Windows. I've had problems shoving 30GB drives into old 400Mhz Linux systems too . It's universal.

64-bit just helps all around because it brings these large numbers back into the fold.

I actually have a funny story. I use Linux (via rdesktop) to remote desktop into WinXP systems!!! rdesktop only gives you 256 colors unless you have serious bandwidth, so it works great. The video is bad, but at least you can do ADMIN stuff.

Anyway, FYI.

Thats how the Iview Remote Configuration Software is, its like PCAnywhere, but their own version, and its in 256 colors only ... its only for doing configuration of the PC/DVR.

Nice thing is, you can download and install their software on any PC and still use this, whether you have a card or not!

One more thing on 64-bit, it's going to stop the world from ending in 2038.

I think the next "Y2K" is in 2038 I believe because the current Unix clock is an unsigned 32-bit number or something? I may have the details screwed up a bit, but I think 2038 is the year when the counter "fills" up, and we have the next Y2k . Or at least, until the year 10,000.

64-bit will give you more numbers to count and the world will be saved again. And since we have a bit of time, 64-bit should be in place everywhere before 2038